Cyrus is spotty again! (PICS)

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
Now that Cyrus has been moulting and losing his winter coat his lovely spots are back :biggrin:

Here are some pics, sorry he is so grubby, we had just done horsey group bootcamp lesson, a little hack and then my friend had a go jumping him :giggle:

IMG_2104.JPG

IMG_2105.JPG

Snug as a bug in a rug

IMG_2107.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

The two of us, I never normally do selfies but Cyrus insisted :bounce:

IMG_2099.JPG

big silly filthy face :giggle:

IMG_2096.JPG

Aw thanks everyone :biggrin:

I love his spotty nose too Mary Poppins :biggrin: it gets lots of kisses :giggle:

He will be getting suncream on his nose and will be getting him a fly mask with uv protection or something for when he is turned out during day when gets sunnier. He has some pink around his eyes so my RI recommended fly mask to protect his eyes and around them.

Might get one with bit that goes down over nose that might help too as its so pink and spotty :bounce:

fankoo !

I found the best sunblock to be applying Sudocrem, it would stay on all day and was very hard for the horse to wipe off, and a darn sight cheaper for a huge tub of it then suncreme. I used that on my spotty boy, and on my palamino who had a pinky/white muzzle!

fankoo !

I found the best sunblock to be applying Sudocrem, it would stay on all day and was very hard for the horse to wipe off, and a darn sight cheaper for a huge tub of it then suncreme. I used that on my spotty boy, and on my palamino who had a pinky/white muzzle!

Ooh perfect thanks for the tip will get a tub of that and save the Nivea for myself :giggle:

Love that nose!!! :wub:

I don't know how big his head is but I find that the KM Elite fly masks are good for covering the whole nose (although I cut the ears off) better than some that stop halfway down... May has a very pink nose and around eyes and being masked has been more successful in later years than cream ever was. (not least because she used to rub her nose along the floor to rub it off!)

Love that nose!!! :wub:

I don't know how big his head is but I find that the KM Elite fly masks are good for covering the whole nose (although I cut the ears off) better than some that stop halfway down... May has a very pink nose and around eyes and being masked has been more successful in later years than cream ever was. (not least because she used to rub her nose along the floor to rub it off!)

:giggle: rubbing off suncream sounds like something Cyrus might try! I'll do a practice application and see how long it stays on :bounce:

He has quite a big head, had to get him and xf noseband and rest of bridle is full so that fly mask sounds ideal.

i really love his spotty muzzle. I would want be snogging it all the time :redface:

He gets loads of kisses on his spotty muzzle from me, he usually is happy to oblige :biggrin:

newrider.com