Cunning plan epic fail

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
Those of you following Ziggy's ups and downs will know that he is currently in the starvation paddock with laminitis :stomp:

At night he shares with Mattie, who could do with eating some hay. So I thought that as Ziggy is terrified of coloured poles, I would make a little coloured-pole sectioned-off area where Mattie could eat his hay in peace.

I left last night feelng clever and righteous. Arrived this morning to find -

Ziggy in the coloured-pole sectioned-off area looking woebegone. As soon as he saw me he whinnied mournfully: "Mum, I got in here last night because there was hay, and now there's no hay and I'm too frightened to come out!"

So I laughed at him and said, "Got yourself in, me bhoy, you can get yourself out," and went off to feed Mattie and Tommy. :throwball:

I kept the corner of my eye on him. He whinnied to me to rescue him one more time, then spotted the feed buckets and walked calmly out.

Well, at least I'm learning how to overcome the fear of poles!

... And he seems better this morning, no lameness at all (with half a bute) - starvy paddock and hay seems like the way forward. Cross your fingers.

I shouldn't laugh but I can just imagine the conversation between you and the Zigmeister! :)

Really hope he gets better soon, fingers crossed for you!!!

Bless - bet he was livid you wouldn't help him out!!! Am pleased he is feeling a bit better.

Ha ha ha ha! That really did make me chuckle you evil mummy you!

I think though, you may have inadvertantly discovered a desensitisation techinique there....he will be a showjumper in no time!

Glad Ziggs is feeling better, give him a cuddle from me.

newrider.com