Crusty yukky skin round her teats

clashnoir

May 19, 2010
Nr Edinburgh, Borders
Yuk. Was giving all the neds a once over inside tonight and noticed the mare had some crusty yukky spot things around her teats up inside the flank.
She had this before but was infected by lice and I assumed it was related.
I feel such an amatuer but never seen this before.
I narrowly missed a cow kick for the pleasure so couldnt get a look only a quick grope.
Any ideas?

Friends mare gets this. Don't know anything about mares, so belive it is natural, bit like geldings and their bits!!!

Think friend just picks the bits off her.

Sorry, absolutely no help whatsoever, but it is natural!!

Yep Sil. Gets it. (how weird, I feelbembaressed disclosing her personal things haha). Ive just assumed it's a mix of her skin probs and lack of washing due to wanting to keep my head.

I've just realised that I have never actually checked Junes! BAD BAD MUMMY!! she may not even have them! Wouldn't surprise me with that one! a:)

On my to-do list for tomorrow

Hmm we get slightly greasy black skeggy stuff between her teats. She wasnt too impressed when I first started but i now just rub it off whenever Im doing a thorough groom. It seems to attract flies so try and keep on top of it in summer. Its gross but at least its not sheath cleaning :giggle:

We usually just wipe with baby wipes once a day and apply a barrier cream, we use Alva horse Miracle cream - once cleared we usually do it once a week, seems to be worse when hot weather and flys around.

We usually just wipe with baby wipes once a day and apply a barrier cream, we use Alva horse Miracle cream - once cleared we usually do it once a week, seems to be worse when hot weather and flys around.

I have some Dermisol so will attempt cleaning and application. She is a total witch when you go near it though. I will enlist OH's help!

newrider.com