Cross everything for Alfie

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
He's gone so poorly over 2, days. Terrible runny tum, no appetite, not wanting to go out. We took him to the vet yesterday, who gave him 2 injections, one for his bad leg, and one for gastro problem. This morning he can't get up, we can't even get him to drink and his breathing's shallow. Managed to syringe a little water into him, and going to vets at 10. Tuesday he was happy as Larry, albeit limping, and now he can't even stand up.

They've kept him in to give him a drip to hydrate, and to take bloods for kidneys, liver etc. If they come back OK they'll refer him for a spinal scan, for svcs, which may mean cancer. I'm hoping once he gets hydrated he'll pick up - the wee soul tries to move because he knows he's going to pee, but just can't do it. I'm not optimistic, but hope against hope my pessimism is misplaced.

He's gone, we couldn't get there in time. A huge tumour on his prostate and another on his spine. We got there seconds too late. He's with all the other best dogs now, our best little lad. RIP sweet pup20221222_135535.jpg

So sorry Huggy. I know it will not be of much comfort now, but it was all over quickly for him. Now give yourself time to mourn him and adjust to life without him. RIP Alfie.

Reactions: Huggy
I was OK yesterday and today, but so sad tonight. For a little dog he's left such a huge space.

newrider.com