Crime in your area?

chev

May 7, 2002
right here, right now
Mr C was working nights at the L'Oreal factory and went buying a new car on the way home. He popped in to the supermarket on the way home and when he came out the car had gone. After spending ages looking for it he eventually called the police. They couldn't find it either. So instead of looking for a gold vectra they widened the search to all vectras. And lo and behold there was a silver vectra which opened on the key thing. So not only had he forgotten where he'd parked it he'd also forgotten what it looked like! And his job at the time? Security guared!

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Lol a guy I used to work with rented a car here and drove to Paris, parked up and went for a walk and never found the car again, he had to pay the hire company £5k for it, that was 5 years ago and it's never turned up!

Reactions: joellie and Gimp

joellie

Apr 24, 2011
N.Ireland
I enjoyed having a read in the Shetland news, I was reading the article about the wee boy who is an "only pupil" in his school and how it gets lonely. I'm going to send him an xmas card as they have a Christmas card pledge for him:)

chev

May 7, 2002
right here, right now
Chev, that is a brilliant story :D

He has many.. Like the time he tried to get money out the ATM machine and couldn't. Eventually he gave up and stormed into the bank, shoving waiting customers out of the way and demanding that the manager come and see to it that the problems were rectified. It was at this point one of the cashiers looked at The Card. There was a slight silence and then she said, "Our machines don't take clubcards sir, just bank cards."

Mr C looked down at the Tesco clubcard he was holding and backed slowly away....

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
He has many.. Like the time he tried to get money out the ATM machine and couldn't. Eventually he gave up and stormed into the bank, shoving waiting customers out of the way and demanding that the manager come and see to it that the problems were rectified. It was at this point one of the cashiers looked at The Card. There was a slight silence and then she said, "Our machines don't take clubcards sir, just bank cards."

Mr C looked down at the Tesco clubcard he was holding and backed slowly away....
I did similar withi a TV licence pay card, Kept paying my licence and getting a cheque back the next week for the same amount I had been paying. Turns out I was paying on a card I had cancelled and the real one I shredded!

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
Years ago when we were in Germany and were going to be coming back in a few months. My parents started looking for a car for us for when we got back and got a nice car.
They were not driving it but then figured they should drive it some and not have it sit.
My mom took it to work came out and did not seem to find it = she thought maybe I parked someplace different than normal and did not take noitce
I guess she walked the lot up and down and did not see it then went back into the Grocery store she worked at and asked a manger to look with her
again it really did not seem to be there. I guess she called my father who flew off the handle at her get your head out of your *_(+_(O it has to be out there but drove down
The police was called cause it really was gone.
It was found a couple days later had been hotwired and was all banged up and abandoned - and totaled .
I saw a photo of it- bummer- it was a nice car -- but guess it was not meant to be.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Years ago when we were in Germany and were going to be coming back in a few months. My parents started looking for a car for us for when we got back and got a nice car.
They were not driving it but then figured they should drive it some and not have it sit.
My mom took it to work came out and did not seem to find it = she thought maybe I parked someplace different than normal and did not take noitce
I guess she walked the lot up and down and did not see it then went back into the Grocery store she worked at and asked a manger to look with her
again it really did not seem to be there. I guess she called my father who flew off the handle at her get your head out of your *_(+_(O it has to be out there but drove down
The police was called cause it really was gone.
It was found a couple days later had been hotwired and was all banged up and abandoned - and totaled .
I saw a photo of it- bummer- it was a nice car -- but guess it was not meant to be.

Aw that's a shame.

chev

May 7, 2002
right here, right now
Mr C was working nights at the L'Oreal factory and went buying a new car on the way home. He popped in to the supermarket on the way home and when he came out the car had gone. After spending ages looking for it he eventually called the police. They couldn't find it either. So instead of looking for a gold vectra they widened the search to all vectras. And lo and behold there was a silver vectra which opened on the key thing. So not only had he forgotten where he'd parked it he'd also forgotten what it looked like! And his job at the time? Security guared!

The funniest part of it was that the police put his shopping in the boot of their car while they looked for the lost car. Once they found said car they then drove off with the shopping and then left Mr C to go back into the shop to buy his shopping again!

Last edited:
Reactions: horseandgoatmom