Couldn't imagine life without my animals!

tikkitti

Mar 8, 2015
I was talking to a fellow mum doing the school run today who's little girl is desperate to learn to ride but she has said no! The mother was telling me how her daughter wants pets and the likes, and her and her husband don't do pets! They are also going to enrol their daughter in brownies with my daughter as she said she hopes that puts a stop to their daughter wanting to ride ponies and have pets. All night I've thought about this conversation and realised just how lucky I am and always have been, I've always had pets and been surrounded by lovely animals, as have my children. I couldn't imagine life without pets/horses, and TBH find it hard to accept people can have a equally forfilling life animaless! Unless I was in a impossible position due to health/allergies I just couldn't ever imagine not having a fur baby of some description.x

I know - on my walk from work to where I park the car I pass some flats. In summer you can smell the garlic of dinners cooking and see people sitting on their balconies eating their meals and drinking wine. I often imagine what it would be like to lead such a civilised life - getting home from work and finding the flat in the same clean state that you left it in the morning, no furry tumbleweed wafting across the floor, no doggy smell, no slobber stains, no need to go and shovel up mountains of horse poop etc etc. I've no idea why I would choose my animals over that civilised life, but I do.

I sooooo agree! Life without animals, well, all rather pointless somehow. @Bodshi when OH and I had a town centre shop / offices we used to pass a pub where folk would be sat out eating / drinking and doing civillised stuff and yes, sometimes, we used to smell the food and admire the nicely dressed people - and then look at each other and know we were about to say the same thing!lol Of course we'd much rather have been heading home to tend to Joe / Storms needs!lol poo picking is very glamorous.......:p:D

Seriously couldn't imagine life without my animals. Well mainly sox as he is fully mine :D Someone at a previous yard said that. I said I wouldn't know what to do with my time if I didn't have sox. She had a child so her time was filled looking after him. Then told me to find something else to occupy my time ( when she suggested taking sox miles and letting him live out, the live out bit I could do. However I couldn't do the miles, litrally miles and forgot about him!!) I was like.. No :D

I have a busy life. We have our own business, kids etc and sometimes i find it hard to juggle everything but I still would feel so empty without my four legged family members (and my 2 legged parrot:p) I think a family isn't complete without animals

I'm like you @joellie in that life is full: no kids, but we own and run a 7 day a week business and I still do as much consulting work (mostly in London) as I can. The dogs always get walked but Ziggy doesn't always get ridden. We don't have a parrot but I'd love one!

My parents are non-horsey and non-doggy and bought me a cello aged 11 instead of the pony they'd rashly promised. Unfortunately, I'm as musical as a brick and the cello still languishes in their attic to this day. I finally bought my own pony at 38 and now have two of those, and two dogs!

Reactions: tikkitti
My parents are non-horsey and non-doggy and bought me a cello aged 11 instead of the pony they'd rashly promised. Unfortunately, I'm as musical as a brick and the cello still languishes in their attic to this day. I finally bought my own pony at 38 and now have two of those, and two dogs!

Haha, I still have my violin tucked away somewhere. My parents really wanted me to be musical, not horsey! At least they never promised me a pony, I just lived in hope ...

We have always had animals. I started off with mice.
But now my parents don't have anything they still live happy lives- divorced. It's just a choice to have or not to have I guess.

I often giggle at the pet free home adverts on ebay. Mine should really read cat in the photo not included. He always manages to walk over the item I am trying to sell! Then I need to redo it and get rid of him.

Thing is done people have too many animals Imo. That's just an opinion. When they start to actually take over time and finances then it's not a fun hobby.
I couldn't cope with more than two horses because that means riding and leading to keep both fit, unless one was unrideable.

Reactions: tikkitti
newrider.com