Couldn't catch- for the first time

Harlequin32

Feb 20, 2008
Now Hen and i have had our ups and downs- more downs than ups unfortunatly but he ALWAYS comes when he's called:D which makes me a bit smug really!!

Today however he was tearing around like a lunatic, and making other horses do the same so another owner couldnt catch either:mad:
How embarressing, Never in the year i had him has he done this- bit scared thats it now he knows the trick:rolleyes:

- on the plus side it was pointed out what fantastic movement he has:rolleyes:

I have the very odd occasion where Joy does this so I make a point of chasing her away so she doesn't think it was her idea :p

When I think she's had enough I call her in to me and it's as if nothing ever happened. :D

When they're like that, you may as well go and put the kettle on! Another pony was hooning around in the field when I went to catch in this week so mine went bombing off, too. I just stood out of the way cos he was trying to come in (at speed!) but the other pony wouldn't let him for a while. Could you try standing somewhere safe and let them all calm down if he does it again? Will he follow if you walk off? It's annoying, but you've got to stand back and admire them playing like babies!

newrider.com