Could my cob mare be in foal

Cearbear

Nov 2, 2018
Ok I have a cob mare that I’ve had for 4 months. We had her in a field with a gelding but he just would not take to her at all.
So I moved her field she is slowly getting bigger and bigger. And now her behaviour has changed to she will nip if u go near her tummy or give u the look of touch my tummy and I will get you. She normally a very sweet lovely easy mare. Could the gelding not like her she is in foal. I have pictures of u would like to see them any advice I’d be greatful.

If she hasn't been with a stallion or colt then she won't be in foal, it really is that simple. A gelding not liking a mare is no sign that they're in foal, and neither is being rude about you going near her tummy. However if you're worried get the vet out, they can give you a definite answer whereas anyone looking at a picture is only guessing based on poor information.

Reactions: Trewsers
Unusual but not impossible to be heavily in foal at this time of year. Nature sees to it that foals are generally born in warmer months. Is it just her belly that's bigger? Or did she have fat deposits all over? Look at her front on, is her belly equal on both sides? Often a foal will lay to one side. How is her udder and teats?

If she's been hassled by the gelding it may have stressed her into ulcers which may explain her tummy sensitivity but the only way you'll really know what's going on is to call the vet.

Unusual but not impossible to be heavily in foal at this time of year. Nature sees to it that foals are generally born in warmer months. Is it just her belly that's bigger? Or did she have fat deposits all over? Look at her front on, is her belly equal on both sides? Often a foal will lay to one side. How is her udder and teats?

If she's been hassled by the gelding it may have stressed her into ulcers which may explain her tummy sensitivity but the only way you'll really know what's going on is to call the vet.
Are u on Facebook I can send u some photos

I’ve only had her 4 months could of been with a stallion before coming to me the vet is coming out Monday I was just asking as I’m quite interested

newrider.com