Could he drive when he's older?

Midnight_Ashes

Apr 1, 2008
County Durham
I'm wondering if Truffles would be capable of driving when he is older? He is a Section A, currently standing at 10.1hh and we expect him to make 11hh. He is rising 2 (in August apparantly) so obviously I will give him plenty of time to mature (I was thinking that waiting until he was four/rising four would be best as he will be strongest?). What kind of size cart could he pull and could he pull an adult?
Total newbie to driving so would have him professionally broken, but just wondering what he could pull without hurting him?
30864_402623741960_507951960_4452491_1769833_n.jpg

no expert either but i hope to have Jasper broken to drive too. He's a simlar age to yours although standing a bit bigger. I should imagin that when fit they should be able to manage a cart with 2 adults in fairly easly, although it may be a lot more as its easyer to pull than carry i think

A welsh A is well up to two adults with ease. A friend uses one for her RDA group, she can pull a cart with a wheelchair user with wheelchair and another adult without blinking.

he would make a lovely scurry pony imo.

send him to me :p

i would of said one adult he woudl pull comfortably.

we normally use pairs of sections a's for two adults.

Yes we use 11.1hh Sec A type to pull 4 wheeler Hartland with me (large adult) & my 2 children (one is 13 & lightweight adult size). He'd look great - pretty lad.

newrider.com