cost of jabs

minnie-star

Mar 1, 2009
my new horse doesnt have a passport so i dont know about her jab history so trting from fresh

so can any one tell me the rough costs of jabs. im with cambridge vet school and they are reasonably priced. if its any help the call out is £12 the passport is £10 then microchip is £30. i just forgot to find out costs of jab so want to know how much it will be roughly

thanks, i know this is a hard question but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Once they are through the initial year they just have 1 per year flu & tetanus combined. When I bought my horse his passport wasn't up to date and I had to start again - so if starting from scratch you need to have 1 injection followed by another no later than 6 months later and then a further one a few mths after that - might have got exact timings wrong but your vet will advise you. Once you've done the first year you must ensure you get them redone no later than 12 mths after ie if your date is 15th Jan you mustn't go to 20th Jan as technically you will have to start again as if it is your first year. YOu need to keep it within the 12 months so 10th Jan is OK. Hope that makes sense but let me know if you need anything else.

£30 is about right for each vaccination
They need one now, then one 21-92 (4-6 weeks is recommended) later then 150-215 days later (6 months)

Also flu is every year and tetanus is every other or every 3 years, depending on which vaccine the vets use

Mine are around £42 per jab, you have 1, then another ideally 1 month later but no later than 92 days and your 3rd one 6 months after that.

newrider.com