Coronavirus

It is sadly
Ugh just getting light its turned to snow its sticking and really windy.
I hope this deters protesters.

This may sound awful but I'm glad there are a lot of target shooters right around me.
When the little thugs scope out places for mayhem.
I HOPE they hear the high powered gun shots...
And across the street has a CANNON.
Its. VERY VERY LOUD..

I hope its a deterrent to pull crap around here..

I look at it as free training.. my kids hear it all on a regular basis ..its out of my control when it happens
So its not a big deal to Sonny.
Yes the gun shots are good training for them. Our girls are trained to guns and don't move a muscle. I could tell it was all quite new to Zi though. I remember the first lot of greylag shooters startled him a while back.

For once I wouldn't mind a bad winter here because it may encourage people to stay at home more and cut down the spread of the virus. Even if people do go out for a drink it's going to make hanging around once the pubs have closed a lot less appealing.

Well we officially go to tier two from tomorrow, nothing will change for me as I don’t go to anyone else’s house or meet for coffee or drinks anyway.
Have to say I’m quite disappointed in the majority of folk right now, we currently live quite close to a retail park, driving back today from a painting day at our little house I honestly couldn’t believe the number of people out shopping, bags and bags of things from next, sports direct, M&S, gaggles of folk just standing chatting. I keep thinking what could you possibly need so badly that is worth risking catching/spreading Covid for.......

Weve had a new store open in our town. I say new store, theyve moved down the road to new premises. People have been flocking to visit all day reading the reports. Car park chocka. 20 minutes plus to get a parking place. So surely that says its going to be busy, maybe we should avoid. Clearly not.
They reckon we have a relatively low virus rate in our area. Why do i think numbers may go up in the next few weeks. We shall see.

Do you think we are going to go into nationwide lockdown soon? All but essential shops to close? I don't think shops are really where it's being spread. Not if they are properly controlled.

Do you think we are going to go into nationwide lockdown soon? All but essential shops to close? I don't think shops are really where it's being spread. Not if they are properly controlled.
Not so sure about the shops Ale, if you could see the shops here you may think differently.
As for National lockdown, I’m fairly sure it’s coming, they have left themselves with very little choice.

I think so @Ale , if they keep schools and unis open, which I think they will, it will be pointless.
Couldn't agree more with this, absolutely no point having people not working but then taking their kids to school. I shall be asking to continue my course from home, not sure I will be allowed. Seems stupid as online learning is already set up for students at mine.

I think if they're trying to balance health and economy, and I agree they have to not least because if they don't there'll be no funding for the health services, then the regional lockdowns are the way to go BUT they need to be stricter with them and enforce them. Manchester was a farce, that should never have been allowed to happen. Schools. except maybe primary schools, can't carry on as they are either particularly in locked down areas. And they need to find a way of policing the rules, particularly ones about travelling between tiers - possibly the only exception should be to visit a dying relative and if you've travelled into a higher tier to do so then you quarantine on return- and while I understand that's difficult to enforce maybe a system of hefty fines for all rule breakers with no warnings would deter people from trying. Regional lockdowns will only work if people stay within their regions, why is this concept something people seem unable to grasp?

Well we officially go to tier two from tomorrow, nothing will change for me as I don’t go to anyone else’s house or meet for coffee or drinks anyway.
Have to say I’m quite disappointed in the majority of folk right now, we currently live quite close to a retail park, driving back today from a painting day at our little house I honestly couldn’t believe the number of people out shopping, bags and bags of things from next, sports direct, M&S, gaggles of folk just standing chatting. I keep thinking what could you possibly need so badly that is worth risking catching/spreading Covid for.......
I know what you mean. I remember seeing folk queuing on the news when it first broke out. They were like a huge long snake of folk. I don’t know how or why they bothered. Surely for plants and non food items it wouldn’t be worth it! And I remember they were all nattering and not looking at all bothered ?

There was a man on tv yesterday, one of the news channels, he was from Nottingham which is tier three, he had just come back from a betting shop in Derbyshire (next county) because ‘he likes a flutter and betting shops are closed in his area’ how in hell can we hope to get on top of this when there are utterly selfish idiots like him? Plus why was he not reported to the police and given a massive fine.

What about that person they had on that flew home but didn't self isolate because they felt fine. Another example of the media encouraging people to act this way. It's everywhere, even that advert on the radio with the line 'we all exercised more, because it became a bit illegal' something like that. There's no such thing as a bit illegal, it's either legal or it isn't. These people are breaking the law, and could potentially cause deaths from doing so, should be treated seriously, not all some big joke for ratings. I'm not okay today, I'm not coping well with this all now. I'm lucky I've still got a job and my horse but I am just really struggling with the whole gravity of the situation, that we can't do anything to help ourselves out. Our power to do anything has been given to a bunch of morons running the country!

newrider.com