Considering going out with the bloodhounds

Clava

Apr 24, 2008
On the South Downs, Hampshire
....on my 13.1 pony, but I can't help but think I'm going to be sniggered at being 43. Anyone else drag hunt or similar (no foxes involved) on ponies. I've never hunted before (not into killing things) so this is out of my comfort zone, but looks like fun:eek:.

Any thoughts or experiences you'd like to pass on would be most welcome:)

perhaps a bit (lot) different, but i went out on blackie- shes only 14.2

tiny compared to the masters on their big 17hh hunters!

Go for it :D We're hardly hunting material but I took 5'11" me and 15.1 Rio out on a couple of training meets last year and we both had an absolute whale of a time :D

The two people i hunt with are well into there 40's and both have horses under 14hh. Trust me there are loads :) just go and enjoy it don't worry about what other people think!

Ok so not alone. The pony is a firey type, I think he'll love it.

perhaps a bit (lot) different, but i went out on blackie- shes only 14.2

tiny compared to the masters on their big 17hh hunters!

Yes, on a 14.2 I wouldn't feel small at all (especially a welsh, but Tally is half welsh:p)

Go for it :D We're hardly hunting material but I took 5'11" me and 15.1 Rio out on a couple of training meets last year and we both had an absolute whale of a time :D

It does sound exciting:D

i've seen all sorts out hunting and drag hunting :) you'll be fine :)
good luck - let us know how it goes :D

Will do. It is Baker-823 and Tallyrider (deprived of her mount) persuading me to go - both are under 18 and are doing a lot for me reliving my teenage years:p. They went to a xc course yesterday and I'm still feeling jealous:D

I will definitely be going if I can sort out my transport for this winter :). I think Lance would love it! So from me: Go for it!!

I went out on a 13hh pony and didn't get laughed at :)
He was abit fiesty (rearing, half broncing etc) and we very very nearly overtook the master :eek:

newrider.com