Condition of ebay stuff.

Cortrasna

Grumpy old nag
Aug 5, 2009
Ireland
Sorry - weird title but couldn't think of anything more descriptive (tired and short of puff today!:redcarded:)

I recently sold a few horsey items on ebay, and as always any clothing I washed and checked and presented as nicely as possible before sending them off to the winning bidders.

Well it is always nice to get good feedback of course, but I have to say I was rather gobsmacked to receive feedback that the recipient was obviously delighted to receive an item from me that was obviously freshly laundered??? Is it me? I would just expect that as given, not something unusual or unexpected. Surely everyone washes/cleans anything before they take piccys and put it up for ebay or whatever don't they? :unsure:

But actually, now I think about it....I do remember receiving a lovely fluffy fleece.......complete with hay and used tissues in the pockets!:redcarded: Gorgeous fleece, just what I wanted, but I just couldn't take to it after that.:redface:

D'you know I've never bought any clothing from ebay, but it would not have occurred to me, until I just read this that someone would not wash an item before selling it!

I aim to send how I would like to receive, so yes I do post anything as clean as possible.
It will say in my listing it has free bits of straw etc, my hoof boots are as clean as you can get them based on being a used item ridden through mud with a grubby cob foot having trotted about in them.
I have a rug to sell and i will freshen with hosepipe cold but not wash, I feel it ruins the waterproofing, it would say so and its only been worn 4 times anyway!

I bought the dirtiest rug ever sold if anyone remembers that far back, my friend replied to h@h I couldn't be bothered. :giggle:

I know what you mean - I always send stuff out as I'd like to receive it too. It made me wonder when I first started using ebay tho, when folk said "freshly laundered" I would have expected that anyway?!

I always wash everything I can. I sold a heavyweight turnout rug via fb but stated it hadn't been washed (I couldn't chuck it in my machine obviously and would have had to have waited ages for the rug wash people to come out, pick it up, wash it, drop it off etc) and the price reflected that.

Theres a certain collection of things that fetch alot of money if they are not washed:ninja: ( So I heard I'd like to add!)

Theres a certain collection of things that fetch alot of money if they are not washed:ninja: ( So I heard I'd like to add!)

I know just what you mean:eek::confused:
I mean why???????????!!!! Sooooooo weird. I happened to be looking for second hand boots and came across the weirdest of listings. Had to show OH just so as I didn't think I had read it wrong. Most peculiar. There are some odd folk around.:mask:

I know just what you mean:eek::confused:
I mean why???????????!!!! Sooooooo weird. I happened to be looking for second hand boots and came across the weirdest of listings. Had to show OH just so as I didn't think I had read it wrong. Most peculiar. There are some odd folk around.:mask:

I 'believe' alot of the adverts, the seller sends pictures of them wearing the said used goods to up bids. Something along those lines, or the goods include some photos! :ninja:

Some of the well worn goods go for obscene amounts ( scuse the pun!)

I 'believe' alot of the adverts, the seller sends pictures of them wearing the said used goods to up bids. Something along those lines, or the goods include some photos! :ninja:

Some of the well worn goods go for obscene amounts ( scuse the pun!)

Eeuw! So yuky, some of the shoes do go for daft amounts...I presumed to shoe sniffers or something along those lines..:yellowcarded:

Eeuw! So yuky, some of the shoes do go for daft amounts...I presumed to shoe sniffers or something along those lines..:yellowcarded:

Theres always that element of strange people to !

Hmm I have some very trashed well worn Coronation Street pink furry slippers, I wonder if they will make me my fortune ! :yellowcarded:

Oh dearie me!:redcarded: I had a peculiar buyer a year or so back. He bid on three separate pairs of jodphurs that I had up for auction. And he pushed the bidding way up above what they were worth. He paid and just before I sent them off to him he sent a rather desperate sounding message saying not to send them to the address on his ebay and paypal account. He wanted them sent to his work address.

Fair enough! I did say to OH it seemed odd some bloke buying three pairs of size 10 jods and panicking in case they were sent to his home address. We wondered if perhaps they were for a secret girlfriend.........now that little bit of salacious guesswork pales into insignificance compared with what you lot are telling me!:giggle::giggle:

Oh dearie me!:redcarded: I had a peculiar buyer a year or so back. He bid on three separate pairs of jodphurs that I had up for auction. And he pushed the bidding way up above what they were worth. He paid and just before I sent them off to him he sent a rather desperate sounding message saying not to send them to the address on his ebay and paypal account. He wanted them sent to his work address.

Fair enough! I did say to OH it seemed odd some bloke buying three pairs of size 10 jods and panicking in case they were sent to his home address. We wondered if perhaps they were for a secret girlfriend.........now that little bit of salacious guesswork pales into insignificance compared with what you lot are telling me!:giggle::giggle:

Hehee:giggle::giggle:

I've bought a few clothing items on eBay and it is quite a novelty to receive something fresh smelling! Most stuff is clean but just stinks of horrible perfume or detergent!
The worst thing I received was a dress, it was advertised as having been dry cleaned but when I opened the packet all you could smell was B.O! Bleurgh! :ninja: thankfully my brother in law is a dry cleaner so he sorted it for me!

Im off to bed now, but I will post about when I put an interesting leather garment I came across ( honestly I did!) on ebay. Some of the messages I had were hilarious and some were a:) ( its where my gimp nickname originated from this fateful ebay sale !!

newrider.com