Comments & advice please

inthesaddle

Aug 29, 2008
Hi, I have seen a couple of horses advertised for sale online what belong to a riding centre. The thing is the riding centre is 2 and a half hours drive away from me, I would like to know how long it could take from the moment I view and decide to buy (if I think one is right) to having them vetted and transported home? Or would you say it is just too far away?

Thanks once again for all your advice and comments
X

My girly was in lancaster i'm in essex - took us 6 hours to get there! That long a drive ment I couldn't be there for the vetting or use my vet. But she wasn't backed so didn;t have to go ride her a few times or anything.
For me I knew she was the right one so didn't mind only seeing her twice before her coming home (stayed in a travel lodge overnight) and her old owners met us half way with her in their trailer. We swapped to our lorry and carried on.

Although when 3 months in to me owning her she was diagnosed with arthritis in both hocks it was a pain because although she passed a vetting I couldn't say what was done cause I wasn't there and couldn't really quiz vet that passed her much as only over the phone.
Good luck, if one is the right one you will know!
xx

I'm a four and a half hour drive from where I bought Simon and it all went fine, aim to arrive home in daylight though! Ask the seller who their vet is and just use a different local one for the vetting and you should be fine (you don't have to be present but personally I'd rather be there ;). You could maybe go and stay somewhere for a weekend close by to try them out if you don't fancy a lot of travelling to and fro, or ask if they'd be willing to let you take it home for a few weeks trial.

newrider.com