Clocks Changing

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Back in case you don't know which way.

My bodyclock is all over the shop and actually going back will do me a favour for once.
I was wide awake at 5.30pm this morning not sure what my brain had planned but the cob wouldn't want a visit it's not light until 7.04am here to be precise.

Yay more sleep! Why couldn't it have been last weekend, when I had to be at work at 4.30am :rolleyes:

Got the winter blues this evening. I always get a bit sad for a few days when the clocks go back.....but not enough for it to be S.A.D. I don't think.....

Ergh hate winter, going to start hacking in the mornings as won't be able to after to work now it will be dark so early :(

I feel SO fortunate that I don't have to do the horses in the dark through winter and can still ride, but I still get a bit down just for a few days when the clocks change. Once we get past firework night and Crimbo really starts to kick in in the shops and lights, my inner child starts to re-surface....

I will have to go back to doing the horses in the mornings if I want to ride. By the time I finish work it will nearly be dark and I will have to do the sheep and cattle checks in the dark. I charged the headtorch a couple of days ago.

Yes clocks changing already, where has this year gone???? It's like everything has speeded up. Won't be long until we're mentioning the shortest day.

I am really pleased we get an extra hour tomorrow. My kids have become nocturnal going to bed at 10pm and getting up at 9am as it is half term. I need to shift that back 2 hours so they are in bed at 8pm and get up at 7am. Hopefully the clocks going back will help with this.

Reactions: lauren123
I am hoping to use the extra hour to my advantage! No not sleeping in. But getting the boring jobs done at yard tomorrow : poo picking, pulling Soxs mats up ( depending on back) and letting both beds dry. On course riding ginger and seeing how Soxs leg is. I was hoping to have worked him lightly which. If he is sound I might do tomorrow. Just walking over a pole to build up his back end

I find this the easier clock change, but dark evenings exhaust me, my body craves sleep about 2 hours after it gets dark, what time it gets dark is irrelevant, it makes doing anything in winter such hard work.

I agree! It should be the same time all year round!

As usual, my body clock woke me at "old time" and the dog and the cat wanted their breakfast so I've already been awake ages this morning! And the clock says it's only 7.08!!!

Reactions: Trewsers
Oddly it's this clock change that messes me up. I don't know why we still do it to be honest and I wish we didn't have to.
Having said that I love that I can get out hacking again early in the mornings.

newrider.com