Clipped Finnley tonight...

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
OH brought me some clippers of ebay, must say i was really impressed with them.
They were reduced from £60 to £30 :happy:

So thought id waste no time and get him clipped tonight.

Being a clipping virgin i have learnt a fair few lessons tonight :redface:

1. Wear overalls, black Jods and a black hoodie is NOT a good idea. ( I looked like a white yeti after)
2. Maybe goggles would be a good idea, my eyes are now bloodshot from getting loads of hairs in them :redface:
3. Maybe a mask would also be a good idea, being asthmatic and breathing in lots of dust/hairs hasnt made my chest feel great.
4. Take hayfever tablet before hand, body does not like masses of flying hair in nose/throat/eyes
5. Its not as easy as it looks!

I dont think it looks to horrific....i found getting a straight line up the neck was incredibly difficult, i think its because his fur was so long.
It looked like i had just sheered around 50 sheep. Lovley white carpet of finns hair covered the yard floor after :redface:

Finnley was a little star, i had no idea how he would react to it.
But he stood asleep the whole time! i think he found it relaxing, he especially loved his chest and head being done :giggle:

So here are the pics, dont laugh to much :redface::redface:

DSC_0155-1.jpg

DSC_0156-1.jpg

DSC_0157-1.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

I hope he doesnt get bullied by the others tomorrow :giggle: poor lad, least he will be cool i guess.

My clothes have been washed/rinsed a fair few times now, hoping the hairs will come out :redcarded:
Hoping watery eyes and blocked nose arent going to last too long :poop:

wow i think you did really well! that looks super!!!

Fin was obviously quite happy being clipped then? being able to do half a head to thats wicked!

Thanks guys, your making me feel much better about it :giggle:

Julie - he took it shockingly well, he had no head collar on whilst i was doing his head, he just stood there fast asleep :giggle:

I think he looks fab and what a wee star he was being so unfussed by it all. I'd be giving him big hugs and kisses for bravery!!
So where are the photos of your yeti impression then?!!

He looks FAB!!!!

Love it! I love too how you say 'id like clippers for £30' then you get clippers for £30, i'm going to clip him myself no problem, you clip him yourself no problem... Can you say 'minkersmum is going to find Morton in her stocking this Christmas'???? It would seem you say it, it happens!! Brill!

(maybe pushing my luck with the Morton in the stocking, how about saying my kids will behave???:giggle:)

Awesome, he looks great! And massive congratulations on finding clippers for £30! Could you PM me the ebay link if it's a shop as at that price I'll grab a set too!

Glad to see you decided to have a go. Atleast Finnley is a good boy

Becareful with the cheaper clippers i have known a few people get them and they dont seem to last long, hopefully these are not the same. And it is worth the investment if you can for a decent pair as you get better results overall :happy:

As for the clip not too bad and the good thing with hair it grows back quickly! :giggle:

I also would be interested in the link for the clippers....:happy:

You have done such a good job with them though, he looks great

Last edited:
Good job! It must have been hard though, you can see how thick his hair is in the photos - he looks quite handsome.

See I always think that having thick hair is better, the clippers chop through really easy, whereas when it's fine hair my clippers really stuggle! Mind u I also find it addictively satisfying clipping longer hair!!

That's a bloomin good job for a clipping virgin! Well done.

Only little thing as I am quite a picky person when it comes to things like this and also it will help you when you clip him next time, you took the top off his leg LOL.

See where his chest meets the top of his leg, you can see there is a natural line that runs along it, that is where you stop if you are not taking his legs off too.

Well done Finnley. What a good boy.

My boy needs to be sedated to clip although last year I managed a blanket clip with someone helping me but couldn't go anywhere near his head. He is a bit of a tart :giggle:

What make of clippers did you manage to buy for that price??

OH has deleted all his emails so havent got the link sorry! :giggle:

The make is GTS Proffesional Animal Clippers Model No 888 Power 30W

I have a spair set if anyone wants them for £30 inc P&P

Just PM me :smile:

newrider.com