Cleaning white ponies

Biological washing powder in the ends of the tail wrapped in a sock and tied up to soak while you clean the rest of the horse with warm water and fairy liquid. Then rinse the tail keeping the bio powder away from the horse's skin.

A mate who has 2 greys for weddings recommends Daz! Other than that, Granny's soap flakes (Tesco), blue coloured shampoo, elbow grease, multiple washing with Fairy liquid and lots of rinsing or don't bother unless you're showing!

cleaning! i use stasin remover- but brite white on ends of tail, leave to soak while do restand rinse out- repeat if nessecary- put shampoo on dandy brush and scrub legs-it works! put chalk paste on legs- leave to dry then brush out.

Fairy isn't that effective on my grey? :(

I use this blue whitening shampoo, called super groom whitening shampoo and it's fab stuff! cost £10 for a 473ml bottle.

Red rum whitening shampoo is good too.

Dermoline insecticidle (sp?) shampoo.

I know its used to treat lice etc, but it gets rid of scurfy skin, any parastite that may be on the horse, and brings them up very white :)

My horse is fleabitten grey and shes in everynight so you can imagine her in the mornings, poo and pee stains everywhere:eek: I found a shampoo made by Global herbs called shine, its good for removing the stains, which I may add I have to do every day lol

Tracy

i use a bog standard cheap bar of soap and scrub, stains lift easily and you get a shiney clean horse.

greys and whites are a pain in the ass, find most like to be dirty. if your lacking time then buy some fancy whitening shampoo, but a good old scrub does the trick, and if you keep ontop of the tail you shouldnt have a yellow stained one, i find in the summer once a week just the end works, and in winter twice to 3 times a week depending on where your riding (rubber schools kick up alot of dirt i find)

newrider.com