Christ Lammfelle bareback pad

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
I'm seriously contemplating treating myself to a bareback pad.

I'm wondering if it really is worth the £125 difference in price between the basic CL one and the Libby's. I know the Libby's is a cotton pad and the CL is sheepskin, that doesn't bother me, unless its going to make an appreciable difference to my riding? In fact, I'd feel happier storing the Libby's one at the yard in the barn with the rest of my gear but I think the sheepskin would need to be kept at home at a more even temperature and humidity.

Then add into the mix that the Libby's don't do the equivalent of the Premium model with the knee blocks and I have a further dilemma on my hands. Are the knee blocks correctly placed to make a difference (someone on another forum wrote that they weren't for her), and would the knee blocks be worth forking out the extra £30, making it £155 more than the Libby's basic pad.

I'm really undecided and would really appreciate a range of different viewpoints and being undecided on anything is alien to me and something I'm not very comfortable with!

I'm scared of customising it with mud, especially given it was a special gift to you. I'd love to had a look at it though when we see you and to pick your brains on the subject.

I reckon they must be pretty good as I never see any come up for sale second hand.

newrider.com