Chloe is doing a show class!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
:D
Happa (the local horse charity she came from) are running a digital competition. I'm entering Chloe in a couple of classes - but, now I know this sounds stupid but indulge me please: do I get OH to take photos of her alone or with me holding her? I don't have a clue! Thinking of entering prettiest mare - not sure about some others. It's a really good idea for them to raise funds and classes are £2 so not going to break the bank. Very excited. Told her last night she was going to have a bath - not sure how impressed she'll be!lol
Haven't posted this in showing as it's just a tentative enquiry and a bit of fun. Thanks in advance - oh, and do I just leave her mane and tail clean and brushed? She's a cob of course - shame about her feathers as I have to keep those short due to mites and mf.

Reactions: Bodshi
The entry rules will probably give guidance, and depends how serious you want to be but I would turn out as if for real showing, given her legs are clipped and she's not M&M (or is she, I can't remember now) I would be inclined to plait mane and tail and show her off in a bridle :D It does sound fun, and a great way to raise some money :)

Reactions: Trewsers
She's a cob - so is it still okay to plait? Very excited, looking forward to getting her tail nice and clean - it seems permanently a shade of beigeo_O

Show as you would for a class, that's what we do for the online competitions.
What other classes are there?

Show cobs, I believe, are generally clipped all out and hogged, so given you have the clipped legs I would plait (unless you want to hog). Only mountain and moorland breeds and heavies are left au natural, I think but I'm no expert :)
A head collar would suffice given the level but to be 'proper' it would be a bridle, probably a hunter type. Could you rigs storms to fit? even if you put a rubber band on the side away from the camera to make it work :p

What about the bit tho? Not sure how Chloe would react as she's not ridden? Yes, see what you mean about hogging. I'll have a go at plaiting - should be fun, I love doing stuff like that!
I wonder if I could make J's old bridle work? Do you think greys look best in black or brown? Thanks - sorry for all the questions!

Brown is probably more correct for showing, you don't need to have the lead on the bit, pop it on the noseband. I doubt she will react to just wearing a bit, she might nosh on it a bit but unless something serious has happened in her past I think she should be fine, just practice in advance :)

EBay get a cheap inhand bridle. You don't have to I just like an excuse to browse :)
I have an Irish cob but she is not a show cob so I would leave natural.
Have fun thus type if showing I like :)

newrider.com