Cheer me up NR

dcp

Mar 31, 2005
Scotland
www.freewebs.com
Could do with some cheering up from NR members please.

Ok so it's slightly o/t but unfortunately split with my bf last night :( there are a lot of reasons and some of them I've been hiding away from. A lot of it to do with Charlie how I can't cope especially during the winter with two seperate lives. Yes he tries but I haven't got the time, money or clothes to do the things he wants to do. As you may know too I've decided to be brave and move my whole life out of the city :eek: So it's a pretty stressful time new job new home new yard no bf :( I tend to get myself pretty worked up about things as you've probably noticed :p

Also how much do you hate watching your horses go mad in the field and they nearly fall over and crash into the gate :eek: this happened last night and for the first time ever I could not catch Charlie :rolleyes:

Ahh bless you - perhaps Charlie picked up on you not feeling great and thought there was something wrong.
Are you moving far? would your b/f have stayed where he is?? If so it would have put you under even more pressure travelling.
I haven't read your previous posts so dont know about you moving and stuff but new starts are always good and you never know there might be some super fit hunk waiting for you in your new job or even better at your new yard he he ;)

Keep your chin up chicken :D

Last edited:
You're bound to be stressed. I think you're mega brave taking a life changing decision and changing location, jobs, etc. Keep your chin up, and keep us posted on your progress.

Sorry to hear your news. I'm sure Charlie's behaviour was a one-off, try not to put too much meaning into it. Many horses go potty as the spring grass comes in, anyway.

As for the b/f, perhaps it's the end, maybe not, but as you're planning on moving, it's probably for the best. If you get a new home, job & yard, you'll meet loads of new people soon! But that probably feels far away at the mo.

Have a cuddle with Charlie when he's grazing quietly, he'll understand...;-)

Ah feel better already. Charlie was being a little devil last night everytime I walked up to him he took off again. Was the mean horse who turned on me last week who started it!!

Thanks for replying to my pointless post just needed to get if off my chest. I feel so horrible but I know us splitting is for the best. He's such a nice guy.

Lots of cuddles with Charlie I think. If the weather clears I may even ride him which makes me forget everything.

Lauren you know this has been on the cards for a while now, I don't think you were ever going to deal with his job anyway.
I think it's for the best, theres no point in putting yourself through more heartache than is necessary.
You need to concentrate on your new life, you are being so brave doing this and I bet alot on here would never have the guts to! I know I wouldn't.
As for Charlie, he'll come through for you. DH was away when I had to move Grady and I was dreading him being a nightmare but I swear he knew that I was a mess so tried his best to help me. He loaded and travelled like a dream and we didn't look back. There was no playing up and he enabled me to leave with my head held high, that day he came through for me when I needed him the most. Turned into a little S**t after that!!
Your ex has his own busy life to lead and I wonder how much of a support he could have been anyway, hopefully you'll manage to stay friends:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending lots of NR good vibes / cheering up vibes! Hope things work out - its always a big move - keep us posted.:)

Yes we are friends I just feel so awful about the whole thing. I know he will be happier with someone who can give him more comittment than me especially since he is away a lot and wants someone around when he's home.

Also turns out that he didn't forget about my xmas present it just isn't ready yet. I have no idea what it is. He took a photo of Charlie and was doing something with it. It's not ready yet because it keeps going through a process of change. wonder what it is?

I just have to keep believing what I am doing is right I know it is but I do get terrified every now and then.

BEst wishes to you, yes change is a terrifying thing but remember "you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs":D

Kath x

Lauren

they were all a bit crazy last night - I think it was the weather ! ours were leaping around as were the cattle in the field next door.

As for your ex - its hard to be clear and honest and make decisions, but its certainly the right thing to do...

I had two years with my OH in another country (and he was ill). Ended up putting my foot down - first he said he was staying (so we would split up - I had made that clear) and then 24 hrs later he changed his mind and said he would come back...I set some conditions and he came home. Now he's like a bear with a sore head (he has been ill with a respiratory thing since new year which doesn't help as he was depressed even before not being able to breathe !)

Its not easy but I've been to the end of my tether and its not a nice place to live I can tell you ! So it may be scary with all the change and new things - but just remind yourself why you are making those changes... ;)

huge hugs hun, you can come cuddle fizz too if you like,she loves cuddles lol:D

Aw Hon, you know its for the best all round.
When you start looking around at new homes for you both you will start getting excited, before you know it you will be on one of the biggest and most exciting rides of your life, it may look a little scary but once your there it will be great.
I have to agree, mine were bouncing off the walls yesterday, even Bo who is meant to be staying quiet :rolleyes: and we are at the opposite end of the country, I think spring is just in the air!
(((((HUGS)))))))

J x

Know how you must be feeling. Its hard when OH and b/f don't share your life with the horse and can't or won't understand what it is that we do and why we do it! My OH is slowly beginning to realise that Crystal is just a big part of my life as he is and although he tries really hard to understand the green eyed jealousy monster does make itself know now and again! More during showing season that most times!

My OH is also ill and its not easy balancing the life shares, but I look on Crystal as my safety valve its having her that makes it easier to put up with some of the crap I get from OH (not his fault) he has epilepsy quite badly and he has mental health issues as well but we manage to get along most of the time, its just sometimes I need to be on my own and have a break for a couple of hours away from him. He understands for themost part but it don't stop him getting jealous, he thinks I love the horse more than him , and some days yes I do!

Just keep your chin up petal and don't worry things have a habit of happening for the best, you never know whats around the corner!

Boys eh, who needs em ;). That's the reason why i dont want a bf at the moment. I have no time. I am in full time college education, have a weekend job and check and ride my horse every night, and slip in work and revision whenever i can. I had a bf last year and i felt like i was moving away fom my hobby, horrible i know, however he didnt treat me properly, ignoring me etc so my mind was on other things at that time, and once we split up, i felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my chest.

You are brave for starting a new life. Go and get some fresh air and get away from all the stress. You may find a lovely bloke over there, you never know. Dont dwell on it though. It's over now and you have to move on, and you are, so i praise you for that :)

Jenny

mad mare - I know what you mean. My OH actually said "I know she comes first" (the horse) (and he is very good and accepting about it, but he said it so sadly !). Thing is its not that she *does* come first its that she is dependent, and he's a grown up human who can do things for himself....

so sometimes it isn't about MY priorities but about *need*....

mental health issues do somewhat complicate the situation. OH has all sorts of physical stuff to cope with - which he does very well - but its the PTSD and depression that he struggles and struggles with :( and there are limits on what I can do to support and help. Sometimes you get into the "tough love" zone and thats really hard :(

Lauren - rereading the first post - it seems you know you made the right decision but its just tough coming to terms with it ?

I ended a 10-year relationship about 6 years ago. Other than a couple of 3 month little relationships and some dating here and there, it has been a solo Scarlett. I can tell you that after some time adjusting, this has been a wonderful time in my life! I would not trade it for anything. I am day to day much happier than many of my friends in relationships (I know there are good things about relationships, but also a lot of work, the misunderstandings, the bickering for some people). I am content, peaceful and all that great stuff! And I have my animals and can give them my full attention.

Anyhow, so often being without a boyfriend is shown on TV as lonely women hanging around searching for men all the time. But my reality is far from that! So, the point is that after time adjusting, if you approach things constructively and with the right attitude, you can take advantage of your situation and make this one of the *best times* in your life - it's been that way for me. So much so, I am wondering if I ever want a long-term relationship again - so worried about losing my happiness and peace I have now.

Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Thats refreshing scarlett. It will take time to adjust we've been together over a year. I even miss being with him already. I am going to see all this in a positive light because although it's not easy now and I'm feeling all sorts of emotions I know I've done the right thing by all of us.

everything happens for a reason Lauren. I'm sure theres an understanding man out there for you who will put up with your horsey life style :) took me a while to find mine, and thankfully he tows the line and any whinging about the time/money i spend on the horses is nipped in the bud asap (refusing to cook his dinner usually works :D or threatening to feed him salmon, which he won't eat coz i poisoned him with it once :eek: ).

newrider.com