Cheapest place for fei cones?

janeprince

Jul 20, 2006
poole
www.princethegsd.org
A quick question please,

I would like to purchase some proper driving cones but can I ask if anyone know the cheapest place to find them?

Or if not can I practice with traffic cones?:)

Also cheapest for dressage markers?

hanks

Jane

Ps Totally offtopic I have a Forestry commission pass to drive in FC managed woods, to get to one of these I have to go down a Bridle path that is owned and maintained by FC am I allowed to drive on it? I have the key for gates at both ends? :confused:

PPS

Also I have a glinkowski marathon vehicle are these an OK driving vehicle as can't find much on the web?

Thanks

Jane

i dont know anything about "proper" driving cones, but i use large and small traffic cones, and you can make some markers by cutting some scaffolding into squares, and paint them, lay them flat on the ground, where they cant do much harm if you drive over them. also i use fencing rails flat on ground to make junctions.

dont know if this helps; i have only went over one which my mare simply knocked over with her shoulder. it might be an idea to check that they arent the same hieght as the bottom of the cart, in case they got caught. also, i only use mine to make life more interesting, im not practicing to compete, so i dont put them too close together.

If you use traffic cones with the base on you can cause the carriage to overbalance if you clip them. You could certainly practice with them with the base removed but you may be kidding yourself a bit for serious competition. We bought cones from Sue Mart at Bennington - can't remember how much they were. I think you can also buy them from Robinson's or Rideaway and also from Carriage Driving magazine 01722 712437.

newrider.com