Cheap ways of posting?

Melrose

Jan 23, 2012
Does anyone know of anywhere I am able to post items that is slightly cheaper than just going to the Post Office?

I ask because I have set up a business (that hasn't been launched yet!) that will involve me posting items of clothing/accessories and the Post Office just seem really expensive, and a lot of the time, it costs more to package and post things, than the money i'm making.

If anyone has an info for me i'd be really greatful. :happy:

Hermes are reasonably price and so far so good with me, I've been using them instead of the PO for small parcels. They are lots cheaper and all you have to do is print the label (you pay on line) and then drop the items off at your nearest drop off point. For us this is a local Spar shop.
The postal rates are huge atm, they've changed the way they price things and tbh you have to be really canny about how you parcel / package items up, otherwise, you will end up having to send things are medium or large parcels and the jump up price wise is huge. I lost out recently on ebay - I sold all of my 20 items but sadly didn't put enough postage in. Lesson learnt!

With the new costs for postage via Royal Mail a lot of folk are asking the same question. It cost me £8 to send 2 pairs of jods I sold on eBay. Madness.

I use couriers (interparcel, parcelmonkey, that kind of thing). Costs are reasonable for even quite big and heavy packages, especially if you don't need xpress delivery. As a country dweller it saves me a 20m round trip to the nearest PO, as they come and collect from your door. You need to know dimensions and weight of parcel, plus full delivery details of where it's going to. It also needs fot be not a problem to be at home/work waiting for them.

There's also Collect+, where you can book online and drop off at handy locations like local Spar shops, etc. There isn't one handy for me. Plus check out the costs as it cost the same for Hermes to come to my door and collect as it does for me to take the package to the nearest drop off point, which seems odd.

With the new costs for postage via Royal Mail a lot of folk are asking the same question. It cost me £8 to send 2 pairs of jods I sold on eBay. Madness.

I use couriers (interparcel, parcelmonkey, that kind of thing). Costs are reasonable for even quite big and heavy packages, especially if you don't need xpress delivery. As a country dweller it saves me a 20m round trip to the nearest PO, as they come and collect from your door. You need to know dimensions and weight of parcel, plus full delivery details of where it's going to. It also needs fot be not a problem to be at home/work waiting for them.

There's also Collect+, where you can book online and drop off at handy locations like local Spar shops, etc. There isn't one handy for me. Plus check out the costs as it cost the same for Hermes to come to my door and collect as it does for me to take the package to the nearest drop off point, which seems odd.

I feel your pain with the cost of the jodh postage, I sold a lovely pair for the grand sum of £3 and it cost me £5.80 to post them.............eeeek!!!! I'd only put £3 postage in.......................

newrider.com