Cheap waterproof boots

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Morning all, do you have any recommendations for cheap waterproof, yet comfortable, yard boots (don't need to be able to ride in them)?
I hate regular wellies but that is what I have resorted to at the moment as I have killed yet another pair of good leather boots getting them sopping wet and dry again day after day. I am thinking shoe zone or Tesco level here folks, I have plenty of good boots, I just want to keep them that way.

I have been eyeing up these on Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Warehouse-Adventurer-Womens-Boots/dp/B07XG17WW7/ref=sr_1_5?crid=QSN2TRNNLQXW&dchild=1&keywords=waterproof+boots+women&qid=1633344293&sprefix=waterproof+boots+,aps,166&sr=8-5

And I have to say these look nice too though they are a posh brand (Joules)

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Joules-Womens-Ashby-Rain-Black/dp/B082J9RTNR/ref=sr_1_20?
crid=QSN2TRNNLQXW&dchild=1&keywords=waterproof+boots+women&qid=1633344293&sprefix=waterproof+boots+%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-20

Karrimor and Regatta also have good looking low rise waterproof walkers on Amazon for under £40.

I tend not to buy unless I know the brand because I have very wide feet and few shoes fit me, but if you are a standard fit, worth a try!

Reactions: Jessey
I've never managed to find any cheap waterproof and comfy boots - I've had many a pair of Dunlops in the past but they wreak havoc with my feet and bring on a bout of Plantar Fasciitis. I've had the steel toe camel coloured "workmens" type of boot but they leaked after a short while and weren't great on my feet either. I've just resigned myself to buying Dublin pinnacles forever as they are so good for my feet and remain waterproof for at least one whole winter. I know they aren't cheap but I don't have any choice now, as I added up the cost of keep trying the cheaper alternatives and it didn't make sense.
I'd love someone to bring a foot-friendly waterproof boot out. Other thing about wellies is they give me chilblains - my feet always freeze in them no matter which socks I put on. Argh. Dilemmas! I hope you find some though - if you do, let me know :D

I have been eyeing up these on Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Warehouse-Adventurer-Womens-Boots/dp/B07XG17WW7/ref=sr_1_5?crid=QSN2TRNNLQXW&dchild=1&keywords=waterproof+boots+women&qid=1633344293&sprefix=waterproof+boots+,aps,166&sr=8-5

And I have to say these look nice too though they are a posh brand (Joules)

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Joules-Womens-Ashby-Rain-Black/dp/B082J9RTNR/ref=sr_1_20?
crid=QSN2TRNNLQXW&dchild=1&keywords=waterproof+boots+women&qid=1633344293&sprefix=waterproof+boots+%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-20

Karrimor and Regatta also have good looking low rise waterproof walkers on Amazon for under £40.

I tend not to buy unless I know the brand because I have very wide feet and few shoes fit me, but if you are a standard fit, worth a try!
Oo I actually have a pair of regatta waterproof walking shoes, I had to buy a men’s 8.5 (same in merrell’s too) to fit my Fred flintstone feet 🤭 poor guy in the shop ferried out about 20 pairs before I found ones to fit

I dont think they make boots like they use too. Shoe leather doesnt seem to be the same as it was years ago. Maybe the way they tan hides. Perhaps its changed over the years. No idea.
I currently have a pair of goretex steels. Approx £80 Think i brought them ready for last winter. I think they make them without steel too. But to be honest i dont use them in long wet grass. I think they would leak in no time too.

Id just buy yourself 3 pairs of leather boots and be prepared to alternate daily.
Are you drying them in front of heat. They do say dry slowly.

For wet days and long grass its wellies. Im lucky i have medium calves so i can fit i the size 6 childrens wellies for £12. I can also shove insoles in to help protect from the chillblain sores issue. I brought £25 ones that lasted 5 mins. The cheaper ones have actually lasted longer. I hate conventional wellies though if my leg can slop around i get sore feet and ankle rubs.

I dont think they make boots like they use too. Shoe leather doesnt seem to be the same as it was years ago. Maybe the way they tan hides. Perhaps its changed over the years. No idea.
I currently have a pair of goretex steels. Approx £80 Think i brought them ready for last winter. I think they make them without steel too. But to be honest i dont use them in long wet grass. I think they would leak in no time too.

Id just buy yourself 3 pairs of leather boots and be prepared to alternate daily.
Are you drying them in front of heat. They do say dry slowly.

For wet days and long grass its wellies. Im lucky i have medium calves so i can fit i the size 6 childrens wellies for £12. I can also shove insoles in to help protect from the chillblain sores issue. I brought £25 ones that lasted 5 mins. The cheaper ones have actually lasted longer. I hate conventional wellies though if my leg can slop around i get sore feet and ankle rubs.
I had 4 pairs on rotation but at £140 a pop it’s not cheap! And I get maybe a year and a half out of each pair. I just let them dry in the house but not on a radiator or anything. I’m now down to just the goretex pair, all the others died.
It’s definitely the long grass and slopping through puddles that does them in so I just want cheap boots for the wettest days.

newrider.com