cheap hat suggestions for bf?

stressy

Apr 22, 2009
sunderland
well iv finally worn him down and oh has said he wouldnt mind a go on my horse,by go i mean sit on and walk around.but my hat is too small for him and im not going to let him get on without one!so suggestions for cheap but obviously safe hats please :)

Please do not let him ride in a cycle hat, they protect very different areas of he skull than those likely to happen in a riding mishap.

If you buy a cheap one go for a cheapy skull. I have seen minor falls result in concussion with adjustable hats where the adjusting band comes away...just look ..many are held on with velcro which can fail if the size is adjusted to near the limit!!

thanks for replies:)yes my friend had one of those so called adjustable ones with dial at back to make it bigger smaller.she fell off horse and the hat moved:s she luckily walked away with concussion but to this day cant remember what happened.needless to say she has a different non adjustable one now!il have to take oh hat shopping,im v excited!sad!

i swear by the adjustable troxels

have fallen on head in them 3 times now - dont ask.lol

never had concussion, hat never moved and all was fine.

hat was replaced obviously each time.

the entry level troxel is cheap and rated very highly in tests carried out two years ago.

I think the Champion ones are reasonably priced, but I do know OH started off with a Charles and Owen kids skull which did the job and wasn't expensive at all. Best safe than sorry and all that!
(Good for you persuading him to get horsey!!)

newrider.com