Charlie has gone

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
I got a call at work today, yp to my elbows in macaroni cheese as usual. Charlie's new owner had been with him for loading practice, and he loaded beautifully and tied up quietly, so she thought, No time like the present, and took him home!

He travelled quiet as a mouse, didn't sweat up, walked off the trailer like a pro and looked around his new yard with happy curiosity. He really will make her the horse of a lifetime.

I'm quite glad I wasn't there to see him go, I would have blubbed. Mattie is still calling for him and probably will for a few days, but he has Sid with him to help him settle (not that Sid cares, all he wants to do is eat!).

I'm glad it went so well, and I hope she keeps in touch so you hear how he's doing x

It's emotional, isn't it? Glad he went so happily. Hogan was the same, girl that drove him said she wouldn't have known he was even in the lorry!

I don’t know which emoji to use, so happy he loaded well and has a lovely home but sad to hear he’s gone at the same time. It sounds like they’re a great match 🙂

She has sent me pictures of him enjoying his new field, it's immense with great views over the Downs. Her yard is on a big working farm so she's looking forward to taking him to see all the sights! I will go and visit soon.

I do miss him though, he was like the little girl with the little curl right in the middle of her forehead.

So glad it went well, sounds a perfect place for him to grow up and have a lovely life. Bitter sweet for you but you have played a blinder to find him such a smashing place. Would she like a filly?

• Haha
Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
newrider.com