Chantilly, France... Anyone else here? :)

Dolly247

Jan 2, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am new on here so bare with me :) I hope this is the right place to post!

I am not necessarily new to riding as I rode 3 times a week as a child for a few years and have been on a horse once within the last year as an adult... Which was an experience as it was a hack with a french friend in france!
I am currently living in Chantilly, France. It is a huge horse community and there are apparently more race horses than people here it is wonderful, there is a large woodland area spanning miles which is for the use of the horses. there are lots of expats and jockeys here for the riding and the area has many race courses. I wondered if there was anyone in the forum who lives here or works here who is English speaking?
I am moving back with my boyfriend (who is English and works for n airline out of Charles de Gaulle) in march back to Wilmslow, Cheshire where we used to live before the big move to France 2 years ago.
I want to get back into riding when I return but it would be a shame to leave chantilly without having had a lesson or another go out here so this is why I am asking.
I also wanted to start lessons when I move back to Cheshire. The french friend who I rode with lat year is very experienced and the horses she uses are from a stables which is not a conventional riding school and she uses the woods which from my last experience was a bad idea as my first time back in the saddle as we got lost, it was raining, the horse was cranky... Nightmare!
I do have other contacts in stables out here who are all English girls but I can never get hold of them and they work with race horses.
Anyway! Long post for my first post but just wated to say hi and maybe find other people here in Chantilly who can maybe do English speaking lessons :)

it's a big racehorse area but there will be other riding places as well. i shall ask on a french forum for you if they can recommend anywhere.

Hi :) I live in Normandy, been here 2 years on Sunday.

Can't help with places to ride I'm afraid, bit far away from me! - just had a quick search on the yellow pages and found these if that helps?

http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/annuaire/chantilly-60/centres-equestres-equitation

Wonder if the search engine on the Equestrian Tourism website might be helpful to you as well?

http://tourisme-equestre.fr/fyh/fr/centresequestres/centresconsult.php?origin=te

ETA - if you have time to kill before you go back to the UK and fancy a visit to Normandy you would be welcome to come by :) We have mostly competition horses plus some ponies and youngstock, all of whom enjoy attention!

Hi and welcome.

Chantilly sounds like a really nice place, whats bringing you back to England?

The facilities seem to be much better in france for horses from what I have heard although I don't have any first hand experience.

I hope your move home goes well. I am sure you will find a good riding school to have lessons in Cheshire. Search The British Horse Society and The Association of British Riding Schools.

Btw I used to have a horse called 'Hayly Chantilly' her sire was a TB called 'Chantilly' I wonder if there was a connection.

newrider.com