Challenge #5

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Ok so following on from the foot control challenge, lets get them to step in or on something :) this could be on a bit of wood, a drain cover, a plastic bag/tarp or in a bucket or on the lid, this is great practice for if you ever need to tub/soak your horses foot in future, its not just a mindless game :p

I think @horseandgoatmom should post the demo picture for this one :p

We did that versatility last spring that had a board going thru the carwash that was not much wider than that!!
It was fun;).

It gave a lot of horses problems Sonny did fine for both me and Jeff riding him.

They ended up having to change the original rule that you had to cross thru car wash on it
to one foot had to be on it at some point going thru - semi bummer cause Sonny was only horse to cross it:(
so it ended up with new rules that several other horses did end up getting credit for the obstacle but oh well
I still did well In placing overall and I KNOW I "aced it" as it was originally set up!!;):)

I do hope there are some versatility in this area next year!:D

Mine initially did put a foot either side. The last time I had asked her something with wood that's what I wanted.
To be fairer to her I should have made it tarp or something that looked different.

@horseandgoatmom I never worry about what others are doing, only what I am doing.
Similar happened at Trec. The tractor was needed from the trailer. So by the time we had to lead through it tipped slightly. Mine quite sensibly refused to go through scoring me 0. The organiser didn't removed the element so it did make it slightly unfair against anyone who then missed it off. It's not safe to lead a horse through and it not be attached to a vehicle?

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
newrider.com