CCTV For Trailers

Demson

Mar 29, 2004
Northampton UK
www.northantsnaturally.co.uk
I am going to buy CCTV for my Ifor Williams for when towing. Trailer Vision seem to be the most popular company but I see they have various set ups.

Two questions

Does the screen holder in the car need to be screwed down or is it a suction cup like you get for Sat Nav's.

Secondly I am looking to get the wireless version but which one do people find the best.

I don't want to be spending more on one that has features I don't need. Basically as long as I can see my horse in the trailer that suits me.

Cheers and look forward to hearing your feedback

Demson

Last edited:
A friend of ours set up a camera for us. It was a reversing camera from Ebay about £80 and wired throught the trailer electrics. Does mean we have to travel with sidelights on to use. Monitor mounts on a bit that fits into the airvent

New lorry has camera and reversing camera and TV all on different channels on 6" monitor fixed on dash.

I think the whole thing needs a bit of expert installation!!

My mate has one of these and it looks just like a sat nav - I was very surprised when she switched it on and my horse appeared on the screen as we were travelling to a show together :D Quite fascinating watching what your horse gets up to when they think you are not watching them - I have discovered that my boy is a bully who likes to shove other horses out of the way to steal their haynets - yes, its an eye opener lol

The only thing I can tell you is its a suction cup one like the sat nav. :)

newrider.com