Caymen and the Baby Horse ***pics***

CMP

Jan 15, 2010
We have a wee baby horse on our yard. He has recently been turned out in a wee electric fenced paddock in the field so he gets used to the big horses.

I arrived this afternoon and baby horse had been turned out with the big guns. My friend took some pics. Caymen is herd leader and very protective of the little ones. The shetland ponies were accidently turned out in his field and they were getting chased about and bullied until C was turned out and protected them. I would have been really worried about how he would have behaved had that not happened.

The pics do the talking. I'm very proud of my boy :biggrin:

Attachments

• ringo1.jpg
    ringo1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 41
  • ringo2.jpg
    ringo2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 42
  • ringo3.jpg
    ringo3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 40
  • ringo4.jpg
    ringo4.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 41
  • ringo5.jpg
    ringo5.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 41
and some more

Attachments

• ringo6.jpg
    ringo6.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 28
  • ringo7.jpg
    ringo7.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 29
  • ringo8.jpg
    ringo8.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 28
That is so sweet and the sign of a true herd leader IMO. The real Big Daddys or Big Mommas will always protect the young, even if they have to occasionally put some manners on them. Never nasty just quietly make their point to the youngest herd members but equally quick to protect them.:wub:

what a lot of mud CMP buy caymen still gorgeous as ever. Its sweet that he was looking after the babies ! It shows he has a caring soul :biggrin:

Lovely boy :wub:. On another note did you put your saddle on ebay? Just wondered if it had any bids?:unsure:

what a lot of mud CMP buy caymen still gorgeous as ever. Its sweet that he was looking after the babies ! It shows he has a caring soul :biggrin:

Lovely boy :wub:. On another note did you put your saddle on ebay? Just wondered if it had any bids?:unsure:

The mud is ridiculous but we have just had soooo much rain, it's all mush around the gate. Fortunately, they just graze and dont hang about too much there!

Saddle is not on ebay yet. I think I might wait until free listings. I had someone enquire about it this morning so will leave it until weekend at least.

Lovely photos, but when did you turn out in our fields?? :bounce: Ours are dreadful too - never known mud so deep :frown:

Cayman looks lovely, as does the youngster :inlove:

Thanks! The fields are hideous and I'm glad it's not just ours that look like that! Unbelivably, he has recovered from his mud fever despite these conditions. How, I do not know! :biggrin:

newrider.com