Caution: don't entrust your child's care to this wackadoodle....forgetfulness part 2

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
So following on from my thread last month about forgetfulness tonight I've taken it a step further. Dont worry it doesn't actually involve the harm of small children but I'm worried that I should be sectioned soon and not allowed to take care of anything.
I had a crappy day at work, came home got changed and headed out to feed the horses (a mile down the road). I was a bit worried about friend's horse so called for back up and friends cousin arrived to shove a thermometer up his bahootie and feel his stomach. In the end we've decided he's just needed a good fart and wasn't able (anyone who knows flipo knows how much he passes wind so I guess the Arab just got fed up of all the flatulence.) Anyway I decided to leave the horses munching, go to tescos and then come back to check on them. Tescos is about two miles from my house so off I toddled, tried to pick healthy foods and spent a fortune (why is dieting so expensive?!) I even remembered my mum's coffee that she likes - I always feel embarrassed cause I have to buy her a whole tray of that senseo stuff as she never goes to Tesco and can't get it anywhere else. So I pay for all the food, trundle my trolley out to the car, offload the three bags of shopping into the front passenger seat and pop the trolley back to the trolley home two metres away.
I dropped my shopping off at the house on the way back to the field and purposefully put the two pears I'd bought for the horses right on top so I could take them with me and realised when I reached the field that I'd forgotten the damn pears. Never mind, went to check on horses...all fine. So finally got home at 8pm and suddenly realised. I don't have my mums coffee. I put it in the trolley after paying for it but didn't put it in my car. I pushed it in the trolley back to the trolley stop and left it there. How the hell did I manage not to notice that?!
Sorry for the moan, and the length of this but seriously, I think my brain cells are frying as we speak.

Hahaha, oh bless you!!! We've all been there! I've left a large pack of toilet rolls hanging on the hook at the front if the trolley and put the trolley back without noticing it before now. It's probably because you've been busy and had things on your mind.

How's Flipo's foot doing these days?

LMAO .... Oh dear ... did you go back ? You don`t suppose someone handed them in, there are some honest folk out there, i`d ring the customer services desk hun, you never know.

You`ve a way to go to beat me .... i left my son in Argos :biggrin: .... when he was newborn, and in his wee carseat, we`d gone for a thing you put in the bath for babies, and we`d put him under the counter whilst we found it in the catalogue and filled out the slip ... then, both hubs and i walked off to the till :redcarded: .... Some one said 'excuse me, have you forgotten something' :redface: ... In our defence it was only the second time we`d been out with him, so was used to it being just the 2 of us ... it takes some getting used to :giggle:

I wonder how the hell I can be my FILs memory when my own is so bad.

Today was very very stressful so I forgot my phone number, the house numbers of 2 of my houses, and numerous other things today. Even commented to hubby that I was concerned about it today.

There was a forgetfulness part one????

:tongue:

Oh FM.... you've not had a good day have you.... :redcarded:

Ah I'm glad someone posted a 'I left my child somewhere' reply. I can always rely on nr's to make me feel a bit less psychotic. I was so angry with myself, went back but shop was closed and trolleys removed. I'm actually a bit embarrassed to even bother speaking to someone about it at tescos!
Flips hoof is ok, with the crappy weather I hadn't done anything with him for last few weeks, he's fine in the field and losing weight slowly so all in the right direction - and farrier worked his magic so we will see how he is when I start riding again this month.
Yep domane, I lost my pj bottoms within two seconds of picking them up off my bed, searched whole flat and then realised I'd put the damn things on.
Oh and I think this one is definitely migraine related - I drove to parents house on new years day, with window down as needed fresh air despite it being so cold. Stayed at theirs as wasnt well at all. Now have to drive sitting on a towel as I left the bloody car window open and it snowed.

You are all flustered :(

I once left my Rottweiler x dog tied up outside the nursery school in the next village. and walked all the way home with Skye only to realise when I was putting the key in the front door at home, that the dog was missing:redcarded:

Another time I had just washed up , done the dishes and some how put the washing up liquid down and couldn't find it. I spent a whole morning looking for it everywhere. It turned up about 3 hours later in the fridge next to the milk :bounce::bounce:

Hope you feel more with it soon :)

FM, if it's any consolation, yesterday I opened one of my food cupboards and found my dishcloth on the shelf! :giggle:

We once left several packed carrier bags in Sainsbury's. We had a large trolley load, so I put the packed bags on the floor by the till until the trolley was empty and I could put bags straight in. We forgot about the ones left on the floor - and didn't realise until we got home. We were able to go back and get them though.

We try to concentrate more now we're up here, as the supermarket is 45 miles away and involves a ferry crossing. However, my OH left our Boots the Chemist shopping in the bank not long after we got here. Again, we did not realise until we got home. But the bank was brilliant - brought our bags up when they next visited our island with their mobile service, which was a couple of days later.

Oh, and my mother-in-law left my OH in his pram outside a shop not long after he was born (common practice then), and was nearly home before she remembered.

newrider.com