Cats and Food, lol........

fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
Just out of interest how much do your Cats eat a day.......

My two are up to a tin of Whiskas each and eating a fair amount of dry food.................the only thing they don't seem to touch are the
MICE :bounce:

I have two very happy, LAZY Kitties who spend their time eating and sleeping during the day......they venture out abot 4 O'Clock or as it starts to get dark.......they are ALWAYS there when I arrive, lol, so don't even venture that far:bounce:

Cookster always says that I am a 'feeder' and thinks I am giving them too much, however they are not FAT and eat it all so therefore I think they
must be needing it ???????

I feed my 2 cats 1 tin of cat food and the same amount of dry. If I run out of tins then it only takes a day or so before they are out hunting to substitute their diet!

Your 2 are both young so I would reduce how much you are feeding them to encourage them to eat the mice instead.

My cats get through to Felix pouches per day and a few handfuls of dry food.

Are you sure you can't persuade Cookster that they're hunting the mice overnight when no-one's there....honest!! :giggle:

My 4 go through get 8-10 pouches a day but no dry food daily any more as it makes 2 sick and one fat. They do get the odd supper of a handful of sensitive dry food, with treats of ham or chicken most weeks.

My mums 2 are on pouches and dry food (2 pouches and a handful of whiskas complete dry each) but one prefers birds so doesn't really eat it and gets his own :giggle:

Mine eat a pouch each morning and evening and they get through about a cupful of dried Iams a day each.

Meisie supplements her diet with at least one mouse or vole per night (usually consumed under our bed while we are trying to sleep :tongue:) but Poppie hasn't graduated from worms yet.

My two get a pouch in the morning and in the evening, and a cupful of dry iams for one and whiskas for the other a day.

And it's true cats like Felix, like Felix.. My white and black cat doesn't like much else.. She's got a bit fat and toothless to hunt but occasionally there is half a bird in the hall.. The other doesn't go out so she would get pretty hungry hunting the laser pointer! :giggle:

One of ours just eats dry food. The other eats wet pouches. They were both on dry food but the one got fat and developed bladder stones. She's now on Royal Canin Obesity wet pouches. It's done wonders for her weight, she gets two a day and nothing else.

The other one won't eat wet food (which is good for us as its cheaper to feed her dry food!)

I'd be tempted to start reducing the amounts towards end winter to encourage them to catch mice...since thats what their job is?

My cats get through to Felix pouches per day and a few handfuls of dry food.

Are you sure you can't persuade Cookster that they're hunting the mice overnight when no-one's there....honest!! :giggle:

Hah, yes I must try that one:wink:

However, I also know damn well that when she comes down or is doing the Horses for me, she too gives the Kitties a little bit 'extra' :giggle:

Perhaps if I removed the bells from their collars they may have more 'micing' success:bounce:

if you were a cat and got offered the choice of lording it up with 3 square meals a day just there when you shout for it, or were told you had to catch it first, which meant spending 'unnecessary' energy, what would you do?
I only know of one good Mouser, and she went for rats too.. and that's out of dozens of cats.. and I also heard from some one that semi feral female cats make the best mousers, especially the ones that have previously reared kittens..

newrider.com