Cat problems...

Rubic

Equine Karaoke Queen
Apr 15, 2012
Glasgow
Over the past week my cat has decided it would be fun to pee on my bed nearly every day....

:banghead:

I'm well aware this can be a sign of bladder problems, UTIs etc but I'm inclined to think that in this case it is behavioural. She uses her little tray no problems, she isn't straining, it isn't tiny amounts of wee, it appears normal (no blood, crystals or strong smells) and she doesn't pee anywhere else (as she would if it was an "emergency"/got to go type situation). It is as if she specifically goes to my bed and pees on it on purpose. She has also done it on my PJs when I've left them on the end of the bed.

I'm trying to think of things that have changed recently that might have upset her but I can't, generally she appears her usual self!

I'm going to get some Feliway (I got some when I first got her and I think it helped her settle) so I'm hoping that that might help calm her down. I have the spray so I will start to use that and will get a refill for the diffuser in the next few days. If I can't see any improvements then I'll see what the vet says:unsure:

Just wondered if anyone else had experience with this and knows anything that might work?! Currently I just have to keep her out of the bedroom but I know fine well that if it is behavioural that might not actually be helping matters... feel like I'm stuck in a catch 22 situation really:furious:

have you any other pets?

only that we were blaming our cat for peeing on our bed but turns out it was our collie sneaking up there when we were not looking (now we have a gate on the stairs to stop him!)

saying that i literally too have just bought some Feliway today as we are having a nightmare with our cats being territorial and fitting with next doors cat (who thinks its great fun to sit outside the window) and ours end up spraying on the window sill and soaking our curtains! its so bloody irritating, i hate nextdoors cat so much i wish they would let him in the house!!!!!!

We had similar with a (neutered) male cat who would pee every time we'd had a particular babysitter - a friend's son. He would always pee on the settee where the babysitter had been sitting. It was some sort of territorial thing. Maybe your cat is trying to mark you as 'hers' as your bed and pjs will probably smell quite strongly of you to her (not trying to be rude btw!)

Oh our old boy Rufuscat used to do this. If anything upset him he would wee on the bed. He also had a propensity to wee on other soft things (laundry left on the floor, soft suitcases..) - it drove us mad.

I am sorry to say we never found a way to stop him :banghead:

I have a rabbit but it definitely isn't him as he only gets "turnout":tongue: in the hall where there are no wires for him to chew through.

She is neutered too.

I have been out a lot recently and have been quite busy and I am worried she feels a bit neglected:unsure: She isn't a very independent cat and she constantly craves attention. Unfortunately I'm going to Aberdeen to visit my best friend tomorrow and I come back on Sunday night but I have all of Monday off so will make some time for her then and try to do the same every night and see if that and the Feliway help a little!

ETA no offence taken over my smelly PJs - that's exactly what I thought!

Last edited:
newrider.com