Cat litter wood pellets???

Pencilbeckett

Mar 12, 2009
Staffordshire
Hi

Does anyone use wood pellets that are intended for cat litter???

Wilkos do 15 litres (not sure what weight that would be but it is only £4.49 it says biodegradable and naturally deodourising) Also pets at home do 30 litres for £9.00.

Just wondered am struggling with easy bed so looking to change and no one stocks aquamax near me.

Ive always used the wood pellets in a hooded tray for ' non stinky litter tray' paradise :p

They are really good at soaking up wet, and easy to scoop out and dirt/clumped matter.

Thumbs up from me :)

So would that work out cheaper for a bed then? Hmmmm good idea!! Ive always fancied trying them in my horses bed as a few people at my yard use them :)

My male dog piddles on the edge of the litter tray and it makes a HUGE wet patch and the cat wet patches are so small. One wee from the dog (sheltie) so not big and I have to throw all of it out.

This made me wonder that the people on wood pellets with horses must have very big wee patches and I cant see it working. I am on woodchips for the pony which are very absorbant.

i cant see it working out any cheaper than PLQ woodpellets in blackburn. they charge £190 including delivery for 72X 15kg bags. works out at £2.63 per bag.

liverpool woodpellets work out at £3.45 per 15kg bag from what i remember.

newrider.com