Carriage/cart sign

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
When I was out with Hank yesterday a car was coming down the road pretty fast so a gave a hand signal to slow them, which they ignored, but as they got alongside slammed on their brakes :eek: the lady in the passanger seat rolled down her window to apologise and went on to say they couldn't tell it was a pony until it was too late.

So this has got me thinking about finding a sign for the back of the cart so people know the little guy is in front, at forst I thought a banner just saying PONY - SLOW would work but then I wondered if I could use the road warning sign for horse and cart, would that be legal? Any other ideas? I already have loads of hiviz, its not that they couldn't see me and the cart, they just didn't realise what it was or see hank.

415c1UxlGVL.jpg

what about this for the wee man lol its on amazon for £3.69 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Horse-Warn...68842507&sr=8-72&keywords=horse+warning+signs maybe not serious enough for you ?

I'm pretty sure when I measured up those were a bit on the wide side for Hank's ickle cart, it wouldn't be hard to make something similar though and I could pick my wording then :p

I put on the back of mine horse in training. They still didn't slow.
My favourite is they over take from behind with a vehicle coming towards us. These drivers just think they have enough room and time to squeeze through before the oncoming car hits them.
It shouldn't matter what size you are. If they don't have vision or room to overtake they should slow down, wait until safe to do so.

I just want to make sure driver's know there is a pony ahead of me, I think I'm going to go with the number plate idea :D

newrider.com