Carl Longanecker?

Crystal Fire

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
Anyone heard of him? He's doing a few demos near me, bit expensive so I'd like to know more before going to watch. Claiming to be "America's Original Natural Horseman" and to have "Previously unseen natural techniques" :rolleyes:

Reactions: Annalonganecker
Almost nothing on the web about him according to a google search. Like you I can't imagine that there are any 'previously unseen natural techniques' that aren't pretty similar to everyone elses. If you go, let us know:D

LOL Yann! Why don't you come along too? :D
I thought if he thinks he's the original natural horseman then he's got to be a bit of a... er... not sure what names I can call him here, but you get the drift... Then I thought to be charitable maybe he doesn't read his own publicity.
So far I think £40 is too pricey just to satisfy my curiosity!

He's not in the index to Miller and Lamb's book on natural horsemanship (The Revolution in Horsemanship) which covers a lot of people working in the USA, nor the other couple of UK books I have read, surveying the subject.
Of course, none of these books is infallible and comprehensive. But thought you might like to know.

Thanks for that Skib. I'm not saying he isn't a good horseman, but so are a lot of people, and the claims being made are a little OTT I think. I charge £30 per day for people to spectate my clinics including food, which I think is a bit more like it.
I'm curious for sure, but I think I'll be spending the money on hay instead :)

carl Longanecker, nope cant help out but google shows him associated with a well respected hoof care group & farriers. Seems he is out of washington state and this is what interested me. We have had some great help and info from Diane Loganecker from Washington state, the author of the halter tyers bible. Talking with Diane, she related her colt starting proceedure......natural to the extreme. No halters, no ropes, no saddles, bareback with nothing except for a training stick with a flag attached. Diane is a contributer to eclectic horseman and wrote for trail less travelled. One wonders if Carl is related? if so, they associate with the horseman we can only read about.
very interested if there is an association.
cheers all.

crystal........have a little more info on Carl L. Diane L provided some details but cant help on what to expect at the clinic

(here is some of the email copy&paste)

in the past, he has given demonstrations on how to get along with the difficult-to-shoe horse and how to teach foals to lead. He gets along with troubled horses very well. But I haven't seen or talked to him for several years, so I don't know what he might be doing now.

Glad the stuff I mailed made it. Take care. Your turn at summer is coming up soon

Sorry Crystal but couldnt really get anything else for you

cheers
Rob & Sharon
LodgeRopes

Thanks very much. I am trying to set myself up as a roadie for the band that is playing at the BBQ! - if that doesn't work then I might have to pass on this one. It's time to buy hay...

Hi I'm Carl's daughter,he passed in 07 so if any of you would like to know truth rather than speculate I would love nothing more than to honor my amazing father and our family in sharing anything youd like to know! I'm currently working on trying to finish his books and videos he had worked so hard on for so long and was almost there. I only skimmed over some of the comments but feel free to message me,text or call.509-929-0857. My father showed me everything I know and have built on learning as much as I can since. Halterbreaking,colt starting,trailer loading,behavioral issies,equine massage,and farrier services etc. Horses are forever in our blood generation after generation and honored to be a Longanecker!! Yes Diane is family to answer that question! Also -41 ranch that started as boys home and moved into kids horse summer camp was us too! God bless,I know this was an old thread but seemed to be some confusion!

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com