Career ideas? What's that perfect job?? (For me!)

Roxy's Mum

Jul 21, 2009
Dorset
Oh yes, it's another one of those....

I'm at my wits end again with work. It's too boring. I simply do not cope with being sat behind a desk all day, I don't have the attention span, I'm far too fidgety and get bored too easily. I LOVE where I work & the people, so that's not the problem.

I feel I'm a more of an outdoors, physical person - not hard labour, I don't want to be a bricklayer or anything! I'm currently learning sign language & would like to make that my career but that's going to take another 3-4 years at least before that can happent & the prospect of being in this job for any significant amount of time terrifies me.

I can't bear to do things in life I don't enjoy - life is too short, right??

I work part time at weekends too (alternate weekends) but I can't make this full time as it's out of hours work only.

I'd love love love LOVE LOVE LOVE to make horses my career but I'm not experienced or knowledgable enough to do so.

So ideas peeps please? I've toyed with an internet company but think after a while I might feel the same.

Oh, & qualifications - I have good GCSEs & 3 A Levels and a 2:2 BSc (Hons) Psychology. I've also taken various music exams. I love travel & reading. I don't want to go back to uni if I can help it as OH doesn't earn enough to keep us afloat.

:)

Have you thought about Advocacy?
So many people need a voice but cannot express themselves appropriatley!

What is your Psychology qualification (Degree, Dipoma)

I'm just finishing my degree in psychology this year (just got my final project to do) and not sure what to do now either :).

I'm thinking about working with children, that seems to suit psychology.

Where did you study?

Oh at the delightful Northampton!!! It kinda ranks low in the league tables... :eek:

BUT had a great time there, really loved the uni.

I'm just soooo undecided as to what I want to do right now. And nothing more frustrating than when people say "well what do you want to do" - if I KNEW that I wouldn't have a problem! :rolleyes:

i find that most of the clients do not have an Advocate, or if we need to determine Capacity we need to referr to Psychology, you are valuable to us in our role .

Last edited:
I am a Registered Social Work Practitioner and i find that most of my clients do not have an Advocate, or if we need to determine Capacity we need to referr to Psychology, you are valuable to us in our role of protection and person centered planning.

Okay... can you expand that in a bit more detail for me (or PM me?) I'm actually just about to leave work & won't be home until late so won't catch up on the rest of this until tomorrow, sorry!

newrider.com