Cantering

@HorseRider11 - Okay, so physical issues present, but you’re right, she should be engaging with you in the lesson and at the very least asking if you’re okay and verbally guiding you through a body check (at least). I’m sorry.

Realistically teaching, particularly beginners and novices, involves some physical work. If she cannot do that then she should work with an assistant who takes on that part of the role or teach at a higher level where riders have the awareness to work off purely verbal instruction. Mind you the better riders probably wouldn't tolerate the lack of detailed instruction.

Reactions: Emilikins
I knew of an instructor who sat on her chair shouting instructions, spent half her time nattering to the mother at the side of the arena, whilst the daughter was supposed to be having a lesson. It really gave the wrong impression, that she was a bad instructor, not paying attention. I made a comment to someone who had lessons with her and her reply to me was, she might appear to be nattering but she misses nothing.
In fact she was one of the most sort after instructors in the area. Teaching people that competed most weekends.

That's not an instructor, that's someone standing in a school barely supervising. You deserve better for your money, look around for another school.

@HorseRider11 - Okay, so physical issues present, but you’re right, she should be engaging with you in the lesson and at the very least asking if you’re okay and verbally guiding you through a body check (at least). I’m sorry.
Its ok, thanks for all the support everyone!

Also, I'm a young rider at the age of thirteen, and I ride on two ponies (not literally at the same time) one is big and one is small, but the big one (Who is the one I fell off) has a smoother canter and the small one has a thicker saddle so I can canter better without ending up on the small pony's neck, and that's the pony I succeeded in canter the other day, and i was on the bigger pony today, and I was really nervous but we didn't canter.

Reactions: GaryB
newrider.com