Cant stop smiling.....silly old fool......

cassiebird

Jul 4, 2009
hertfordshire
I moved Cassie to a new yard last week as she was suddenly got lame and I panicked and thought it might me lami. With the m25 works going on our stables are totally out, I did section an area off in the field but the next night she jumped out:stomp: Clearly feeling better and whilst it definately wasnt lami it made me realise that the risks were too high being out 24/7 so I moved her back to the yard we came from 2 and a half years ago. She settled immediately:biggrin: After a few days I started walking her in hand and then free schooling her, asked the yard manager to watch her move as unless hopping lame Im not much good:frown: She said she seemed fine this morning, so I planned to ride her this evening......however first of all it chucked it down so went back to the yard about 7.30 when it was dry and everybody gone:biggrin: Being my usual namby panmby self I decided that I shouldnt ride as..........cant remember what excuse I gave to myself to be honest but I did have one, honest:unsure:....So took her in the school for a walk and trot in hand, backing up etc. She was just soooo lovely that I decided to freeschool her, again a little angel. So for some unknown reason I took her over to the mounting block, got on her and had a walk around bare back, no bridle, no hat (whoops) and most importantly No Fear!!:bounce: We even did a little bit of trotting:spin: I am so proud of her, she seems to love being at the new yard as do I. I didnt ride when I was young, the horse world didnt enter mine until I was the ripe old age of mid 30's but tonight I feel like a teenager:bounce:

Last edited:
sometimes we have to do daft things - (just remember your hat the next time!)

glad that she's happy to be back at her old yard, I remember the pics of diggers etc that you posted before - not the best place for horses.

Oh that is so wonderful to read :) I often wonder if other people have these moments of closeness with their horses...I see people on my yard with their horses and I struggle to see them have moments of closeness like you describe....maybe I'm wrong but their horses do just seem to act like robots...

Will u be staying on the yard she's on now?

Interesting question about whether we will stay on the yard, i would like to for many reasons but the main issue i can see to move back is that through the winter they only go out 2-3 hours a day when really wet as fields tiny and get ruined. I dont think Cass would mind to be honest but I think she should be out more than that. My other yard where alf is, is under new management and they are looking at assisted livery so will wait and see what they do. I really do love having her 2 mins down the road though, although a pain having to go to two yards a day. So the answer is that I dont know what i will do yet. She will definately be there until at least end of June and will then have to see.
(My husband has a little bit of an issue with the cost.......cant imagine why:frown:)

newrider.com