Cant quite believe we scored 70%! We came 5th!!!

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Ale and I entered interdressage this month, I know its not a real show as such but we have never been to one and was feeling a bit left out. So thought we would enter for a bit of fun and good practise for when we do get out and about eventually!

And wow just got our score and its 70.71% and I'm currently 4th!!! I guess they do mark very generously but I'm still happy!! :D :D my pony is amazing!

Last edited:
Lovely! Shame about the stumble. What a pretty horse you have.

If you are up for comments to add to the judge's, let us know :wink:

Lovely! Shame about the stumble. What a pretty horse you have.

If you are up for comments to add to the judge's, let us know :wink:

I know the trip bothers me but sadly camera ran out of battery and he ran out of oomph to film another! 100% would love comments good and bad, I have a pic I will put up later on here too because I love it but can critique that too, find it all helpful :) just remember we have only just started schooling properly so bare that in mind ;)

Well you're a sight better at it than me :redface:

What I am curious about is, sometimes - about once every eight paces or so in trot - Ale drops his head and lifts his back and looks both lighter and more engaged. I want to ask you:

* do you feel/notice when this happens? What do you feel or notice?

* do you have any idea what you do to cause it to happen?

He is very willing and sweet and has a lovely regular trot but most of the time he looks like my Ziggy with his nose poking out. When he works well he looks lovely and I just wonder what he responds to.

Well you're a sight better at it than me :redface:

What I am curious about is, sometimes - about once every eight paces or so in trot - Ale drops his head and lifts his back and looks both lighter and more engaged. I want to ask you:

* do you feel/notice when this happens? What do you feel or notice?

* do you have any idea what you do to cause it to happen?

He is very willing and sweet and has a lovely regular trot but most of the time he looks like my Ziggy with his nose poking out. When he works well he looks lovely and I just wonder what he responds to.

Doubt it but thanks!

I do, mainly because he feels wonderful at that moment!! I'm not really sure how we get it, I think its possibly to do with getting my contact sorted and leg on correctly??

I do and can ride him in more of an outline sometimes, he drops his head down very willingly when I get everything right. But riding correctly is something I really struggle with and I have only started to learn about it recently (I grew up riding just bombing around hacking!)

If I take up more contact than I am in the video his head will come down more, but I struggle to keep enough impulsion etc.

I hope this all makes sense, I will post a pic of him working slightly more correctly (I think) which was taken during a trot we had just before this was filmed.

I think I just had too much else to remember with all the moves etc that my contact etc sort of went to pot a bit

It's funny, because when I get it right my RI says "That's it! That's it! What did you just do?" And b*ggered if I ever know :redface:

I don't know if your stirrups are a tad long, but you look to be on your toes a bit. A little more weight in your heel maybe? Aiming for a neutral looking foot?

It's funny, because when I get it right my RI says "That's it! That's it! What did you just do?" And b*ggered if I ever know :redface:

I don't know if your stirrups are a tad long, but you look to be on your toes a bit. A little more weight in your heel maybe? Aiming for a neutral looking foot?

That's me too hehe!

Yes I do feel like I'm reaching for them sometimes, I haven't done much work without stirrups recently so will try do some more and perhaps try them up a hole too thankyou. We just need to keep working on everything till it all falls into place, he has a lot of potential I just need to help him show everyone else that! And at the moment I struggle but as I say will get there!

He's never been called dainty before! :smile:

Thankyou, still beaming! Had the best week with him. Nothing serious from the vet visit, he loaded like an angel, some lovely rides and grooming sessions, this and lots of horsey hugs to make me feel better about everything else!

newrider.com