cant have laser treatment! grrr

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
sooo i cant have laser treatment - my astigmatism (spelling?!) is too strong, they correct up to 4.00, mine is 4.75!! grrrrrr i had so hoped i could have it done!!!

they said i could have lens implant surgery - sounds gross, and complicated and time consuming and expensive (about £5.5k!!) soooo looks like im going to spoil myself with new glasses and some new more expensive contact lenses in the hope that i get on better with them!

on a happier not though, i rode this afternoon out with my friend riding her youngster - Moet acted like the dream horse (albeit a little nappy on the way out, but it was blooming hot so i dont blame her for not wanting to go!), she didnt even flinch when two tractors towing trailers went flying past us! i couldnt believe it! oh i rather irresponsibly rode a little blind - i still had blurred vision after the eye sight consultation! lol! oops!

i have Toric Frequency contact lenses (i think). They are ok but because they only got up to about 3.75 it doesnt quite match my prescription, so although its pretty clear i do get a headache after a few hours so i only really wear them on occasional night outs and for skiing!

the optician did say another make of contact lenses have increased their range so i could try out some of them, they are more expensive - didnt get the name of those though.

i hate my eyes!!!!

I've been looking into the lens replacement - fairly new here and quite expensive (about 4k per eye). Think I'll wait a bit and the price will come down.

Nightmare :( I have glasses/contacts and almost always wear my contacts and really don't mind them so worth trying again with them? I wear monthlys but get daily disposables for hols, swimming etc. My mum keeps offering to pay for laser surgery for me and I'm like ummm I spose but I'd rather have the money instead for a horse/holiday/new computer :D

i know! i had almost had enough of my eyes yesterday - first couldnt have laser treatment, second i went to opticians asking for reactor lenses in my new glasses - they said i pos couldnt have them!!! i almost had a fit, then they rang up and checked and i can have them phew!!!

will get the better contact lenses and give them a go i think. i just get such a headache from my current ones after a few hours its just not very enjoyable!

out of curiosity does anyone have reactor lenses in their glasses? are they really handy? is there anything negative about them?

I too have been toying with the idea of laser surgery but i have astigmatism (spelling) not been for a consultation but i might be commiserating with you soon. Can't have soft contact lenses because of it. Remember how intelligent you'll look in the new glasses and the saying 'Men always make passess at girls who wear glassess'

No luck for me then lol! i went to the opticans yesterday and mine were 6.00 :eek:

To make me feel better i brought two pairs of designer glasses :D

Chin up, least specs make us look clever ;)

How frustrating for you, Julie! I remember a post recently when you said you were hoping you could have this procedure. Plan Bs are always more expensive!

newrider.com