Can someone please help me with a release form?

winterbalto

Oct 2, 2004
Lisle, IL
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I don't know if anyone remembers me but I used to come on here quite regularly a year ago. My life has been really hectic lately so I haven't had much time for horse related fun. Being only to make it out to the barn once a week I've finally decided to get a shareboarder for my horse :(

I'm a little anxious and nervous about this (even though I know my horse isn't hot and that there are many good riders out there). But I want to be on the safe side and have my shareboarder sign a release form. I'm REALLY bad at writting these things so I was hoping that maybe someone else has one written up or has had to sign one and could send me a copy that I could use? I've tried looking for some standard form online to no avail. Basically the things I want for it include are:

1. I'm not reliable for any injuries, etc.
2. Shareboarder has responsibility for horse's safety and tack borrowed.

Anyone have any kind of professional form like this they could let me see so that I can print it out? I'd REALLY appreciate it.

~Nicole

Hi there,

Good luck with finding a sharer for your horse. I know it must be difficult for you to share him with someone, but I'm sure you'll find someone perfect! The BHS (British Horse Society) have a sample loan agreement on their website. Here's a link to it:

http://www.bhs.org.uk/_Attachments/Resources/190_S4.pdf

It appears to be more based around a full loan agreement, but it should be easy enough to adapt for your needs. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Danielle
xxx

I used the BHS form that Danielle has given a link to :) I've used it for loans and shares, just changing some of the wording slightly. I added in any "quirks" the horse has so that everyone was aware of any issues. You should be fine with a version of that :)

Nice to see you back on, by the way! Don't stay away too long this time ;) :D

newrider.com