Can Paint horses be in dressage???

Myah_FV

Feb 26, 2006
California
:confused: Hi everyone!!! My mom is getting me two paint horses(well one is mine and the other is my moms.)And i want to do dressage. But i told my mom i haven't seen a paint horses in dressage.Can you ride a paint horse in dressage show? the most breed i've seen in dressage ar Dutch Warmblood,Thoroughbreds,arabians,fresians,and ect.

You can ride any horse you want in dressage. The top of the tree is dominated with WBs with extravagant paces because that's the 'look' that they seem to want but you can compete any horse at any level if they can do the moves :D

I think that paints and other coloured horses should go and make a statement :p

any colour, breed, size, attitude, age can do dressage :) I do plan on getting an Appy to train to dressage, and also a Clydes, and a Gypsy Vanner.

Good luck

Yes! Paint can do really well.
I went to a Dressage clinic last year given by the wonderful Walter Zettl. The horse was adorable, full of personality. Zettl was very complimentary of the little paint mare.
I say if it's good enough for Zettl it's got to be good enough for your average judge. :)

I have a rising 4 yr old Art Deco baby out of a paint mare.

He has better movement and a better work ethic than the expensive imported German mare that I sold last year. And he is certainly much smarter - yesterday he managed to remove his blanket in the paddock without undoing any of the straps.

Right now we are working him in the long lines and he is doing very very well -he has a lot of natural self carriage.

There is no reason that you can't do dressage with your paint - however, be warned that people will probably make comments behind your back! Just ignore them.

That being said, I think that in some areas coloured horses are becoming quite trendy.

Ive got a coloured cob who has been and done advanced dressage. :D
You'll get some that are better at dressage than warmbloods etc. Ive also got plans, after her doing very well at my local riding club, to do dressage my my heavyweight mare too. :D
If you want to do dressage on your new horses, go for it, if people make any comments, ignore them and go prove them wrong! ;)

Dressage%20Zebra.jpg

Any horse can do dressage :D

Coloured horses are very popular even in WB circles nowadays. Have a search for the stallion Stanhopes Diddicoy - he has competed internationally. There is another called Stanhopes Odwig competing at high level in the UK. The elementary (L2) pet plan finals were won last year by Wayward Wesley - a traditional coloured cob (heavy, coloured & VERY hairy) :D

Other well known coloured stallions in dressage are Samber, Sambertino, Tamberonie and Goshka Ringo to name a few.

my little clyde cross does BSJA, BE eventing and Dressage - as far as he is concerned he is a TB or a Warmblood - we just don't let him near any mirrors!

Paint horses are kinda uncommon, but as people have said, the top is dominated by the big Warmbloods and their elegant paces.

There's a mare at our barn that does excellent dressage, and she's an Appaloosa!

Great picture of the Zebra by the way, where'd you find that?!

Of Course!!!!!!

well first of all i must admit my horse is not a paint. but hes a pinto if that helps. well anyhow no duh ** horse could do dressage!!!!!!!!!!! especially pintos/paints. they r so beautiful and stand out more than any other colour pretty much. lots of people say pintos/paints rnt bred for dressage. who the beep cares??????? i am gonna get another pinto and he'll hopefully go quite far. he is gonna be out of sempatico who is a homozygous!! on his farm is art deco( who is related to my horse!!!!!!) and hes gone grand prix. so go shoe EVERYONE how great a paint is!!:D

Racing Stripes WAS played by a real zebra, but it is right, they did paint a horse for the riding scenes. But the zebra played the main zebra and pulled the cart (however, people pushed it so the poor thing wouldn't have to work too hard) :p

newrider.com