Can men ware womens jodhpurs?

Hi, I've been riding for 30 years wearing girls jodhpurs. I wear lycra running shorts under. I've never had any strange coments from the girls I've rode with. I have had some lovely comments. If your body suits the fit wear them.

Yes if course you can. My husband is 6 foot, 32 inch waist, 40 inch chest, and he has always worn women's riding gear because there's a good choice, it fits and is comfortable!

Ditz posted that in 2007. Not sure he's still around! Where do these weird old threads come from?!

Oh dear - I usually notice dates of threads. Just for the record, Ditz said that she or he knew why men's and women's clothes fastened differently. I really only asked the question to be sociable, as I haven't really any opinions about whether men should wear women's jodhs.... (although I'd have thought the lack of a fly and the shortness of the legs would be problematic ..)

I think the fastening thing is due to the fact that traditionally men dressed themselves but ladies were assisted and so 'backwards' is easier if someone else is doing it. I've no idea if this is true though or just a mistaken long held belief. If this was correct then I would expect maids' uniforms etc to be the same way round as men......?

Oh dear - I usually notice dates of threads. Just for the record, Ditz said that she or he knew why men's and women's clothes fastened differently. I really only asked the question to be sociable, as I haven't really any opinions about whether men should wear women's jodhs.... (although I'd have thought the lack of a fly and the shortness of the legs would be problematic ..)
I've never had a problem wearing them. It's surely all down to comfort?

I'm living the fact this forum is actually alive :-D just to show men can wear girls jodhpurs I will post some pics tomorrow if know one objects. Nice to meet you all and happy riding xx

I wear children's hats because I have a small head and occasionally boys trainers as they are cheaper.
What a product is aimed for doesn't mean it can't be unisex.

I cant stand a man in joddys! comes from the days when I was young and innocent working in a little cafe that got alot of male cyclists in, with tight lycra shorts. I didnt know where to look!!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Just buy a pair of full or half chaps that way you will get away with riding in a pair of old comfy jeans. :)

I cant stand a man in joddys! comes from the days when I was young and innocent working in a little cafe that got alot of male cyclists in, with tight lycra shorts. I didnt know where to look!!
LOL, must be something wrong with you Gimp....... I've always known where to look ;)

Reactions: Gimp
newrider.com