Can anyone suggest any good books....

sandpiper1809

Aug 16, 2009
Hi,

Can anyone recommend any good books relating to horses. I am particularly looking for one that shows basic techniques and also one which shows different breeds and if possible what the characteristics are for those breeds.

x

If you go onto Amazon and type in Horse Care, you will find dozens of books, msot with sample chapters so you can see what suits your style!

I think the Pony Club Manual of Horsemanship is absolutely brilliant, it covers absolutely everything you need to know.The BHS Manual of Equitation is excellent for learning and improving on your riding technique as well. There are a million and one books out there, but those two are a good place to start.

Hi
I just got a couple of books the other day, i think they are collins books (can't check at the moment as they are in same room as my sleeping baby! but will post again if i get it wrong!)Thay were from Borders, around ten quid, i got the one on horse care and one on riding. Both are very easy to read and everything is well explained (esp for people like me who don't know very much at all!)

Will post again when i find the name and author.

I got the 'Horse-lopaedia' from my library found it really useful and more informative than most horse books!!! x

newrider.com