can anyone help? Odd request

thaxted

Jul 1, 2003
Co Down, N. Ireland
Visit site
Hi all

I'm going to have a go at a local dressage to music comp in a couple of weeks. It's meant to be quite fun and low key (as far as I can tell). Anyway - I have got some music sorted out and have been able to put the different pieces together very well using my computer. The thing is, I had a dressage lesson yesterday and my instrucutor said that if I have lyrics to my music the judges will be veyr unhappy (although she did say that I had got the music transitions done in a very professioal way). She also thinks that the actual music suits my horse very well as he isn't a 'dressage' horse and doesn't have flashy paces. I did speak to one of the people organising the competition and she said that lyrics were okay - but obviously I don't want to upset the judge as I'll need every mark I can get!

so here's my odd request....does anyone know where I could get instrumental versions of;

'I'm just going to dance the night away (with senoritas who can sway)'
'wonderful world' Louis Armstrong
'beyond the sea' Bobby Darin
'Moon River' Andy Williams
'I Wanna be loved by you' Marilyn Monroe

I just hope that one of you very resourceful NR members will be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks very much

Thaxted

Last edited:
You could try the i-tunes website. The problem is that with each version the beat will differ slightly and may not suit your horse as well as the versions you have. If you've worked out the bpm of your horses gaits then it shouldn't take you too long but I know I've spent hours sorting and editing music. Give it a whirl, the reason lyrics are not de rigeur is because its difficult to join them with any sense, also they can be deemed to be distracting. However if its just unaffiliated and a bit of fun I'd go with what you have.

newrider.com