Can anyone help - a friend in a pickle!

Ace87

Quitus & Strike
Aug 8, 2007
Bedfordshire
Hi all - hope you're enjoying the bank holiday weekend!

I know a lady who is i a bit of a situation, I rang up about her horse for sale on Project Horses as he sounded lovely only thing is he was a little old for at rising 9.

Now she has a foal due in 3 or 4 weeks and no where to keep so HAS to sell him but can't find anyone, I have no idea why cause he's such a gem! Also due to personal circumstances she can no longer keep him as a field ornament! If I hadn't found Quitus I would have taken him on for her until we found a buyer. I think people are put off by the fact that he's not been in a lot of work lately, but he'd be an excellent RC horse but with work and the right rider could go higher.

So if anyone knows of someone who's looking she is near Bishop's Stortford and has lowered his price to £1400 to sell him, he was originally advertised at £2900.

He is: 15.2 Middle weight TB gelding bred by Sheikh Mohammed, ex-racer. Sweetest boy - forward going but not fizzy. Nervous when hacking so needs to build up confidence with that but amazing paces with work will go far!

If anyone has any suggestions or knows anyone looking please please PM
me!

Here he is:
1650.jpg

greasedweasel

Dec 26, 2007
If she NEEDS to sell then I recommend trying the £1000 and under section of horse and hound. We sold ours at the full price within days and could have sold her twenty times more. She was worth more that £1000, but we were desperate for space and had no job for her. :)

Ace87

Quitus & Strike
Aug 8, 2007
Bedfordshire
I'll tell her about H&H £1000 and under.. Thing is she spent a lot on him and her personal circumstances may mean she needs the money. It's a horrid situ!

J

jaydevon

lol, clairy259 is looking for some thing, may be worth dropping her a pm.

tell your friend to have a look through all the wanted ads aswell, not just on ph.

or suggest loaning him out??

Ace87

Quitus & Strike
Aug 8, 2007
Bedfordshire
I think she is reluctant to loan him as he was on loan before and came back in a bad condition!

I'm going to trawl wanted ads for her!

Flony_Pony

Apr 20, 2007
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Aww, i have space but no time or money for another one! Im sure she will find someone for him, a nice buyer normally comes along for genuine horses eventually.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
No_Angel Anyone know of a nice headcollar? and some sizing help please! Tack & Saddlery 13
S Can anyone help me with my canter? Training of the Horse and Rider 7
Phoebe2015 Help please - can anyone reccomend a good equine dentist in the North East area Horse Care 6
sjp1 Can Anyone Help me with Plaiting Please? Horse Care 15
Mary Poppins Anyone want to help horses and donkeys in Eqypt? Cafe 0
BonBon85 Elevator drop nose band... Can anyone help me??!! PLEASE!!!!!! Tack & Saddlery 9
candyflosspot Horse gossip members? can anyone help? Cafe 3
Kis Vihar Anyone interested in politics / economics....HELP PLEASE! Cafe 11
No_Angel Snow globe - can anyone help? Cafe 2
WeeBarraxO anyone want to help us horse shop ? Cafe 15
Dark Storm HELP! Anyone own a Packard Bell desktop? need an expert :( Cafe 6
WeeBarraxO Anyone want to help me horse hunt ? Cafe 0
alwaysfallingof HELP! Anyone who understands car documents... Cafe 3
R Help Cavallo Shoes - has anyone used them Hoof Care 5
B Can anyone help this chap?? Cafe 11
Dark Storm Can anyone help me find transport for Youngster on Sunday? Cafe 3
Midnight_Ashes Would anyone want to help, do you think? Cafe 15
LindaAd I need to borrow a roller - can anyone help, please? Tack & Saddlery 5
fairlady Omg, 'phew'....can anyone help, lol Cafe 3
S Help! Anyone know Livery in Liverpool? Cafe 0
F Anyone wanna help me? ^^ Cafe 0
F Can anyone help me with... Cafe 1
No_Angel Can anyone help me find? Cafe 6
No_Angel Can anyone help me find? Cafe 2
WeeBarraxO Looking to help out/anyone need some help Cafe 5
Flipo's Mum Help..Anyone Speak Dutch? Cafe 16
MAC66 Can anyone help me please ? Cafe 9
S anyone want to help me look for a new horse?-DEVON Cafe 0
S Can anyone help? Search for horse's owners Cafe 6
PacerPassion Wanted - can anyone help? Cafe 1
x.Moomoo.x Anyone bored? could do with some help... Cafe 22
J Anyone find horses help them cope. Cafe 14
blonde can anyone help find me a new house Cafe 5
A-Spotty-Pony Around cambridge, need help? Anyone? Cafe 4
B anyone @ mkec BE tomoro? &HT help Competing 0
minihorse Shetlands Few questions anyone help Breeds, Colouring and Genetics 5
M Anyone looking for help in the Dereham, Norfolk area? Training of the Horse and Rider 0
tas1608 Can anyone help?? Competing 8
angelfben Help please - Anyone with experience of maintaining land? Horse Care 11
L Transport needed for the 11th July...can anyone help please Transport and Travelling 0
P Please can anyone help? Hoof Care 2
Shian89 Does anyone have a Premier equine fly mask in a XS? Sizing help! Tack & Saddlery 3
Nicnac Nervous on a forward going RS pony when hacking - lots of issues -can anyone help? Hacking 8
Fab filly Transport needed 28th May in Rugby Warwickshire?? Can anyone help me? Transport and Travelling 0
E can anyone help Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 11
E Please can anyone help me Disabled Riding 28
S can anyone help need to find horse transporter in rochdale Transport and Travelling 0
rookierider Boett blanket real static problems - help, anyone got a solution? Horse Care 11
minihorse Silver gene anyone help Breeds, Colouring and Genetics 10
skips and soda Very bizarre. Can anyone help? Veterinary,Injuries and Therapies 33