calming Mares and a new chip???

TeeBrown

Aug 19, 2004
Germany
Visit site
just wondered if anyone has heard of a chip/grain that can be placed under the skin of a horse which releases a slow hormone substatute so the mare thinks she is pregnant therefore making her calmer and not so mare'ish. I am trying to find one in Germany, as I heard somewhere that it is now legal to use that sort of thing out here and now we can bring it back to the UK, not sure if this is true but I am trying to find out.

Has anyone heard of the above?

At the moment my sisters horse (this question is for her), is using Regimate (i think that is how it is spelt) which is working but she has heard this chip can last up to 6 months, which would be better for her.

Any ideas anyone?

Hi I haven't heard about this chip but have heard of these marble type things, they get surgicaly inserted into the womb so that the body thinks its pregnant (there is nothing released by the marbles but just them being there make the body naturally release hormones) hense this should help level out a mare who suffers from mood swings due to hormones. I would talk to your vet, they should be able to advise you (there was also an artical in 'your horse' magazine a couple of months ago about it)

J

never heard of it, but where in germany are you then? all of a sudden there has been alot of members joining living in germany

newrider.com