Bye Bye Dolly...

nat17

Minnie, Sam and Dolly
May 30, 2002
Cotswolds
Visit site
Its hurts so much to say that Dolly went to her new home today, no matter the reasons for her going and where she is going, its still really sad to see her go.

I know I am doing this for the right reasons but it hurts all the same...

I hope to god she is well looked after and has a great life... I will be seeing her in a couple of weeks once she has settled in...

Millions of cheery vibes and hugs - am sure you have found her a great place and all will be well. I can imagine how sad you are feeling but please try and think that wherever she has gone she will be filling her new humans with happiness - and I am sure they will be thrilled to have her. Chin up.Txxxxxx

Good luck Dolly, who couldnt love her, shes beautiful ! must of been a very hard decision x

You wouldn't be a good horse mummy if it didn't hurt like hell when they leave.... even though your head knows it's the right thing for her, your heart will miss her so.....

I am sure deep down you know you have made the right decision, but it doesn't hurt any the less to see them go does it?:( I really know how you feel, I went through all the same angst when I let JJ go, but three years on I am certain it was the right decision for him and for me.

Chin up Mrs - at least they are happy for you to stay in touch if you are visiting her soon.:)

I have tried to do everything in my power to secure her future, for her never to be passed around, for someone always to care how she is and if anything goes wrong she comes back to me, regardless.

Still well up every times I think about her, is it normal to think she might be getting hurt or treated terribly?

Of course she won't be getting hurt or be badly treated...but perfectly normal to worry that she might be......I even personally knew who JJ was going to, didn't stop me worrying if they would be handling him wrong or making him stressed etc. etc. Its horrible isn't it - but you will feel better with time and especially when you see her and realise that she is settling in perfectly well and very happy.:)

Thanks, I feel crazy for thinking but that always what I think, you see the bad cases and hope to god its not happening to her, but I know sensibly its not.

I have had a photo of dolly and her new friends, she traveled like a pro too... such a brave pony

Horribly difficult for you and I imagine everything you are thinking and feeling is all quite normal because you love her so much, but with that you should take pride in the fact that you have done the very best it's possible to do for her and it was a very difficult decision to make. I'm sure she will be loved and cared for well as I'm sure in your heart are you, but still doesn't make it any easier does it. x

Bless you, its horrid saying goodbye - but it doesn't have to be for good because you have done it the right way.

Nice people though to have sent a pic of Dolly and her new friends - it is an adventure for her. She will be learning lots and doing lots and I am sure they will be nice to her and you will know if she is happy when you go to visit in a couple of weeks.

Sending lots of hugs!!!!

I felt the same when Bella left for her new home, it doesn't matter how much you know it's for the right reasons, it still hurts when they go.

The important thing is that you've taken every step to secure her future and she will come back to you if anything happens

newrider.com