buying used pants , anyone know if its good?

lindavb

Jun 13, 2021
Hello people,

I seen a advert online someone selling riding pants and im curious if someone has experience with the type and brand of these pants...

description is that its a Pikeur with Montar Microfiber for the white one

the other no description so i dont know if someone knows the type

Attachments

• $_86 (1).JPG
    $_86 (1).JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 2
  • $_86 (2).JPG
    $_86 (2).JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 2
  • $_86 (6).JPG
    $_86 (6).JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 1
  • $_86 (7).JPG
    $_86 (7).JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 2
They're both meant to be good brands, though I've never had either so can't speak from experience on how they are to ride in or what the sizing is like.

My favourite breeches are Pikeur. Expensive but said to be best selling world wide. I have 2 pairs (denim and normal) and I just bought a third of the normal type.
But note in that ad. the modern trend to put rubber non slip dots on riding pants. The dots are supposed to fix you in the saddle. Some people like me prefer to be free to adjust their saddle position. I searched to find ones with no dots on.
I am extremely bad tempered about the modernisation of riding clothes. With elasticated fabrics.
Riders are moving towards tights and I am too old and too fat to like that.
They are also moving towards having the brand name plastered up one's leg and I dont like that either.

My favourite breeches are Pikeur. Expensive but said to be best selling world wide. I have 2 pairs (denim and normal) and I just bought a third of the normal type.
But note in that ad. the modern trend to put rubber non slip dots on riding pants. The dots are supposed to fix you in the saddle. Some people like me prefer to be free to adjust their saddle position. I searched to find ones with no dots on.
I am extremely bad tempered about the modernisation of riding clothes. With elasticated fabrics.
Riders are moving towards tights and I am too old and too fat to like that.
They are also moving towards having the brand name plastered up one's leg and I dont like that either.
thanks for this reply, i have to figure out if i like free more

I don't have Pikeur breeches (too expensive!) but I got a Pikeur gilet second hand from @Trewsers on here and it is fabulous quality.

I am up for riding tights, but like @Skib I don't enjoy silicone stickies preventing me from moving and I dislike obviously branded gear. Pikeur is usually quite low key on the branding, which wins in my book!

A tip for those of you who don't like silicon grips is wash them a couple of time with fabric conditioner as that quickly reduces the stickiness. Also pimples seem to give a less solid grip than patches of silicone, like you usually see on knee grips, do.

Reactions: lindavb
wash them a couple of time with fabric conditioner as that quickly reduce
Thank you. That is useful info. We dont use fabric conditioner but I will remember that. Though I have so far avoided buying any with plastic. I have had my original Pikeur breeches since 2008, so I guess what I already have will see me out.

All my jods are from Aldi! Best value by far. I would never spend money on branded jods. I do however pay for expensive boots as I need my feet to be warm and dry.

Reactions: Huggy
My favourite breeches are pikeur, I have a couple of pairs, both presents. I have to get a size smaller but I wonder if they're US sizing (I'm in the UK)

I wonder if they're US sizing (I'm in the UK)
My Pikeur are the same as my old Gap jeans. They give a waist size in inches.
The label on my new pair (probably an old model though as rubber free) lists sizes for Germany 44 but also USA and canada 32, Italy 48 and France 42. I have no idea what these figures mean.

I don't have Pikeur breeches (too expensive!) but I got a Pikeur gilet second hand from @Trewsers on here and it is fabulous quality.

I am up for riding tights, but like @Skib I don't enjoy silicone stickies preventing me from moving and I dislike obviously branded gear. Pikeur is usually quite low key on the branding, which wins in my book!
I remember that gilet :D

Reactions: Jane&Ziggy
newrider.com