Buying prascend online

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Just in case anyone is interested, I just ordered Jess' Prascend online with Viovet, I think there might be slightly cheaper out there but I have used viovet a lot and trust them. I put it on an auto delivery which gets an extra 10% off and saves me remembering to order it each month and my normal monthly bill of £38.65 will now be £29.43 as its free delivery, yes, I have to pay the vets £18 script charge but it still works out way cheaper :D It was easy to just upload a scanned copy of the script straight to their website too and they processed the whole lot in under an hour :D

Reactions: lauren123
My
@Jessey how much can you order, or rather, how long does the prescription cover?
prescriptions are for 6 months, and you can order what ever your vet writes on it as your dose. Jess gets 1 per day so I have ordered 30 per month, you can tailor it to your needs, they will email me when my prescription needs replacing :)

Reactions: Trewsers
Hi - our vet will only provide us with a 3 month prescription for Tess for her Dilaterol , even so it works out much cheaper, we were with Viovet but have moved to Hyperdrug as there is a £10 difference in costing each month between them, we pay less for 2 than we did for 1 bottle from the Vets! so even with the cost of the prescription ( just reduced to £8) over 3 months its a huge saving. She has to be checked every 6 months before they will issue a repeat after x 2 but we get them to check her when we are having one of the others done for injection etc, they let us off last time and said they will check her when they come to the boys this week, I have been with them over 40 years so they are pretty good with us.

With Kia’s meds now costing me £84 per month I might either have to take him off everything or try this online as its taking a big bite out of my disposable income these days. It’s more than doubled in a year :(

Reactions: Jessey
With Kia’s meds now costing me £84 per month I might either have to take him off everything or try this online as its taking a big bite out of my disposable income these days. It’s more than doubled in a year :(

I know it's a big lump to find every month isn't it?
I have all of ours on a supplement of some kind too, but am loathe to take them off it because it really does seem to work.

Reactions: MrC
Hi - our vet will only provide us with a 3 month prescription for Tess for her Dilaterol , even so it works out much cheaper, we were with Viovet but have moved to Hyperdrug as there is a £10 difference in costing each month between them, we pay less for 2 than we did for 1 bottle from the Vets! so even with the cost of the prescription ( just reduced to £8) over 3 months its a huge saving. She has to be checked every 6 months before they will issue a repeat after x 2 but we get them to check her when we are having one of the others done for injection etc, they let us off last time and said they will check her when they come to the boys this week, I have been with them over 40 years so they are pretty good with us.
I think it was them or vet meds online that was cheaper, but only 1p a tablet so decided to go with the ones I knew for that :)

I know it's a big lump to find every month isn't it?
I have all of ours on a supplement of some kind too, but am loathe to take them off it because it really does seem to work.

Right now he is costing me that in meds monthly, fees bill has gone from £28 per month to £40 as well as livery on top.

I’ve changed to a better paying job but he is pretty much eating up the increase I got and having just had to buy a new car as mine was written off 6/11/17 I’m finding it hard to justify it all really.

I think it was them or vet meds online that was cheaper, but only 1p a tablet so decided to go with the ones I knew for that :)
yeah I was happy with Vio Vet until the price hiked up from what I was paying so I did a comparison and found Hyperdrug to be cheaper - but each time I am due to submit a prescription I shop around first, if it had only been a few pence I wouldn't move

I use viovet for wormers, infact I also got nettex sweetitch cream off there last summer at a bargain price. I like the way you can set handy reminders for wormers etc. x

Jack has been off his Prascend for about 2 months now as he got to the point where he flatly refused to eat it in any shape or form..... hidden in treats, diluted in feed and I can't get near his mouth to either syringe or pop down his throat. All he will eat is grass. We even tried hiding one in a handful of grass but he's so suspicious now that he won't take any hand treats without giving them a good sniff first. Even when they placed inside a capsule, he just knows!!! So he's off them for the foreseeable. Or vet sells them in 80s or 160s and for 80 it is £85, which isn't too bad.

When the grass goes and he starts coming in every night hungry, I can dilute into a feed but for the time being he's going without and still looking and behaving as normal.

I do wonder how much of his past ACTH levels have been due to the stress of being in his stable for the blood test. The one time he was tested in the field, his level was half what the cut-off was, but he was being medicated at the time, admittedly. He's never really shown any of the classic PPID symptoms so maybe he only has it mildly. Who knows.... I wish I could afford to have him tested again now, in the field, to know what his unmedicated level is but funds are needed for Crimbo this month.

I used them before claiming and they were fab!! I would get my delivery of meds for the following month in the post. Very good! And alot cheaper then my vets! Shall be using them again. Which reminds me I need to ring them

newrider.com